• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Expert report: De-power the scrum hit

Not true, the Tongans and Samoans have plenty of top class props.

Soane Tonga'uiha, Cencus Johnston, Logovi'i Mulipola are all props who are outstanding in Europe, plus Sona Taumalolo has done well for the Chiefs. Johnston in particular has been on great form this year.

Other props like James Johnston, Kisi Pulu and a few others also have had solid club careers in Europe too. Tonga have dozens of props. Only Fiji struggles to produce props.

Like I said, not well known. Or at least not any I have heard or seen...

Like I said, not well known. Or at least not any I have heard or seen...

That's just your own ignorance then. Tonga'uiha has been one of the top looseheads in the Premiership over the past few seasons, Cencus Johnston has destroyed scrums in the Top 14 and is also effective in the loose, Logovi'i Mulipola stood up well to Adam Jones in the Leicester vs Ospreys match, and James Johnston was seen as one of the best in the Aviva Premiership last season.

All of them are regular starters for the some of the top teams in Europe.

Thats because they're just big lumps. They struggle when the match is played faster than a snails pace.

Stupid stereotype. Just because there were a couple of Fijians like Joeli Veitayaki and Bill Cavubati like that doesn't mean all Pacific props are like that.

Firstly most props are big lumps. You're not stereotyping Welsh props because they had Martyn Madden and Adam Jones who were never first to rucks, nor are you stereotyping Irish props because they had Reggie Corrigan who wasn't exactly the fittest.

Secondly Tonga'uiha and Johnston are very mobile big props in the loose and have scored some good prop tries. Also John Afoa (of Samoan descent) has one of the best work rates of props in Europe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go give yourself an unppercut, Cencus Johnston is the best TH prop in Europe.

STOP

AdamJones_2320337.jpg

Latest posts