• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

f***in dad...

Q

QLD

Get the big angry shouting from me dad on sunday about me and school. Ends up taking my 360 and says ill get it back at the end of the year

Mixed emotions, ive played it three times in the past month but then again i bought it with my money and deserve xbox time.

discuss

Tell him he is being a crap father and take away his car keys. Seriously though, i think that's crap. If my dad ever tried that i would have had a baby. It's not the console's fault you are doing badly at school (or whatever your case may be), it's up to you to do the work. I remember i got GTA: San Andreas a week before my final exams. I played my ass off, and still got 2 distinctions.

Boo hoo.

Parenting is hard, I'm sure he's just trying to get you the best qualifications you can so you have a chance of a decent life. Then you can waste all your time playing on your Xbox once you've moved out.

Wow. When I was young we had no video games, my dad just kicked my ass. Atleast that was over quickly. The end of the year? that is pretty harsh. What did you do that made him take it for whole year? must have been pretty bad.

1. do better in school
2. show dad you are improving a lot
3. ?????
4. profit (the 360 gets returned)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Feb 28 2009, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Mixed emotions, ive played it three times in the past month but then again i bought it with my money and deserve xbox time.[/b]
Lol....ok I understand that you bought it with your money....but to say that you DESERVE xbox time on that premise despite the fact that your grades are down is like a criminal who can't stop killing saying he deserves to use his gun because "he bought it".

I would say for starters...you are LUCKY to have a Dad that wants his son to be a success and not a loser. Lots of Dads have small ambitions for their teenage kids and are just in survival mode hoping you won't drink and drive too many times this week.

You are LUCKY your dad has taken the step of doing something drastic as taking away your BABY to highlight something important....the higher the stress of the consequence the higher the risk of you rebelling...your Dad is willing to take that risk of you rebelling with his harsh punishment rather than give you a light consequence that won't upset you too much and therefore you won't get angus at him. Simply said you are lucky to have a strong man for a dad and not a pussy....and I mean you are lucky...especially in this day and age of teenagers telling parents to get f#$ked.

Your Dad wants you to get high grades because he doesn't want you to be a spectator in life (playing the xbox)...he wants you to be the "player" (inventor of the xbox 1440). Time to wake up...if he NEVER intervened truth be told you would carry on through 2009....and 2010..and so on...doing exactly hat you have been doing...getting bad grades, playing xbox or whatever it is that is non school (TRF lol!)...until you left school and amounted to...well...where do you think your current path is actually gonna take you?

Your number one goal NOW should be your schooling grades...spend this year getting them up as your ONLY GOAL. Be a true teenage rebel and rebel against what everyone around you is doing (cars, clothes, alcohol, drugs, parties, girls, xbox, etc) and do what not many teenagers do....STUDY!

I still say you are lucky you have a Dad that gives a toss about where his son is heading....

I love you Gay-Gay.

Exactly what I was thinking. Word for word... Well, I SAY word for word, but I actually didn;t have any words. Not so good with words. Good with pictures... And pixels. Didn't focus enough at school you see.

I second Gay-Guy 100%

I third. Obviously coming from the mouth of a parent!

Once, back in about 1985 my dad, instead of a whipping decided to take away my star wars toys for a week. I was 6 or 7 and that seemed like year. I got them back (all 5 of them) after 3 days for good behaviour. Dont remember what I did, maybe chewing bottle tops or coins!! Anyway it hurt alot more than regular punishent, but I did get them back early becuse I behaved.

So maybe if you can show him your serious about school you can get it back before the end of the year!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kaftka @ Mar 1 2009, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I love you Gay-Gay.[/b]
Five years I have been waiting to hear that...except I am not sure if it is true as it is your 3999 post and not your 4000. Now if it was your 4000th post then I would believe you B)

My Dad sad to say gave up on me when I was 15 and allowed me to get away with so much stuff...it was too hard for him to get hard with me...perhaps he thought I was gonna knock him as I got bigger..anyway he said "come home before midnight otherwise you will sleep outside".....the first time I slept outside....the second time he let my drunk ass back in....from then on I had a disappointing youth and have never really recovered...yes i am still behind the 8 ball in my potential.

I don't hold it against my Dad or blame him for the way I turned out at all.....was my fault I went astray in those teenage years....but I did realise that firm and fair parents set the standard for young people....if the bar is too low it can take decades to recover.

I would actually like to shake the hand of Dale's dad and offer him a beer or three. What a good man he is who cares about his son!

You OWN me?

What, is that some kind of racist or sexist joke? I'm sorry sir, but I cannot bring myself to be with a bigot.

Good day sir.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kaftka @ Mar 2 2009, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You OWN me?

What, is that some kind of racist or sexist joke? I'm sorry sir, but I cannot bring myself to be with a bigot.

Good day sir.[/b]
"All right STOP..collaborate and listen...Ice is back with a new invention...something grabs a hold of me tightly flow like a harpoon daily and nightly"

Will it ever stop? Yo-I don't know..Now turn off the lights and I'll glow.....And to the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal....Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle

I can sort of see the same thing happening in my house. My brother is in his final year of school and he is living on the computer. Constantly on it instead of studying. My parents are complaining to me, but not acting. We have a step-family, and my mum is quick to blame dad favouring me (hypocritical comment) so he does not want to tell my step-brother to pull his head in and get to work. My step-mum does not want to tell my brother the same thing as he will get angry at her and he is much, much to precious for that to happen.

Basically I can see his life going towards what his father is like, a man who has no friends, unemployed and is living in a half-finished house, as he can't be bothered finishing it.

I tried to tell him myself but he didn't listen because:

1) If only one person is telling you hard truths it is easy to dismiss it thinking that it is that persons problem.
2) He thinks his little brother is full of ****.

So yeah, you are a bit lucky to have parents willing to discipline properly. No personal experience yet, but by the way it looks there will be another example of this soon. Maybe think about what lies ahead for you and set a goal to make a heap of cash/get a job you enjoy/whatever else you want in a career, because in the end, if you waste your education on computer games and end up as a bus driver, than the rest of your life probs wont be too fun (I hope there are no bus-drivers on this forum :unsure:).

Games are fun and cool, but you should do everything in moderation. You need some discipline, but you also need to have some fun after studying/work. Just keep your head down with study. You will seriously regret getting poor grades because you have something distracting you from your education.. whether it's games, girls/boys, drugs etc.

School is not as important as it is made up to be.. but it's the process of going thru school that counts more.. doing your homework.. wearing a uniform.. all that stuff. It keeps you in good stead for after school. Grades aren't the be-all and end-all of your life, but it's better to have them than not. Besides, if you do need to learn something, after 19 it will cost you in your pocket.

Latest posts