• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

F1 Racing

Tony Manx

TRF Season Ticket Holder
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Biarritz
Anyone who thinks that Vettel is not a supreme driver and won the world championship by being just in the right car (me included in that one) should have seen his overtake of Alonso at the British GP today...............I will eat my words and say not only is he very brave but he is some driver!!

Finally, Lewis gets some luck and championship is now game on again................:lol:

Have to agree and about being brave without a doubt you forgot to add Balls!!!!!!!!

He's undoubtedly a great driver, but according to those within F1 there are at least two better than him (Hamilton, Alonso) who were in vastly inferior cars throughout his four championship seasons.

As much as i do like F1 on ocassion, I have a problem watching an event that is dominated by something outside the participant. A great driver in a crap car cannot win the ***le, but a good driver in a great car can win it.

Hamilton is the fastest driver in F1. So long as he avoids any more bad luck he should hold off Rosberg.

He's undoubtedly a great driver, but according to those within F1 there are at least two better than him (Hamilton, Alonso) who were in vastly inferior cars throughout his four championship seasons.

Very true but what I am saying is that he is up there with them, if not quite as fast, as a true driver rather than just an average driver that I thought he was!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Nico Rosberg apologies for &quot;error of judgement&quot; after crash with Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton in Belgian Grand Prix.</p>&mdash; PressAssocSport (@PressAssocSport) <a href="https://twitter.com/PressAssocSport/statuses/505326064554770432">August 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Mercedes statement: &quot;Suitable disciplinary measures have been taken for the incident.&quot;</p>&mdash; PressAssocSport (@PressAssocSport) <a href="https://twitter.com/PressAssocSport/statuses/505326183354212352">August 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So he's sort of admitted he did what he did intentionally and a fine of some sort. If they had the balls surely they would have taken him out of the next race ...

So he's sort of admitted he did what he did intentionally and a fine of some sort. If they had the balls surely they would have taken him out of the next race ...

Totally agree but why are not the F1 stewards not looking at it as he has admitted he drove into him!!! They could ban him for one race and serve him right....all we need after Schumacher and Vettel!!

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

What chance team orders (after Spa's debacle) saw Rosberg go off the track....safely.....allowing Hamilton to catch up and were the crucial reasons why Hamilton won after going to 4th place from pole at the start!!!!!

None at all. At least I hope not. Think both Hamilton, Rosberg and Wolff are better than that

Wolff denied that accusation when Eddie Jordan pestered him about it on the BBC. I can't it happening personally. Rosberg has gone off the track before ... Monaco springs to mind. Simple error.

Wolff denied that accusation when Eddie Jordan pestered him about it on the BBC. I can't it happening personally. Rosberg has gone off the track before ... Monaco springs to mind. Simple error.

Toto would would he not say that and it was always felt that Rosberg deliberately drove off the track to baulk Hamilton's final lap so that he could take Pole!!!

Having said all that, I think the truth of this season has to come out at some stage, everyone involved within the teams would know that, and team orders would not, in those, circumstances, be imposed.

IF anything untoward were in fact sorted it would only be by the drivers I would suggest!

I cannot see either Rosberg or Hamilton going along with that!!

As I said don't think it was team orders for Rosberg to drive off the track. Lauda (yes I know, wouldn't admit to it) said that it wasn't team orders. Wolff and Lauda have been pretty open this year as well as being honest in interviews, I trust what they are saying.

I trust what they are saying.

Really!!! HaHaHa.............I would never trust what any manager/director/player/rider/driver said to the press....never!!!!

I think if you read my post it actually says that I do not believe that the team would "arrange" it nor would the two participants want it....but only because it is bound to leak into the public domain!!!

Do not look at the result if you have not watched this race!!!

It was brilliant entertainment!!

Yup shame we can't get a hurricane to be near every week ;)

Honestly best race in quite some time,

Well Bernie has always said each course should have sprinklers!!

Jeez that press conference was indicative! Do not want to give away anything of the race but pretty unsavory........

i find it so dissapointing when it has been won before the end, makes races less exciting

i find it so dissapointing when it has been won before the end, makes races less exciting

Well if Mexico is anything to go by, you are so right!!

Lewis partied all night Monday as celebration and then went corporate until Friday! His whole demeanor was job done.

I also think there was a word put in to the effect that he now has the ***le but Rosberg was in a fight with Vettel for second so ease off Lewis?!

Hopefully now he has a 19 point lead over Vettel, Lewis can get out there hangover free and blitz the little sh&t!!!

Jeez that was some boring madness in Melbourne this morning! When everyone but everyone says do not do it surely you should take notice?

Good to hear that it will be only this race qualifying that will be ruined by this madness............

The looks on Ferrari's faces when they realised Mercedes had been sandbagging was priceless ;)

Latest posts