• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

F1 Racing

Norris is the real one for us Brits

Oh no poor Max...;)

Now have to decide whether to switch for Tri Relay

1659276953896.png
Ferrari strategists. Genuinely they need to be fired. I've never seen a team with such a competent car and driver but such incompetent strategies.

Last edited:
Mad how bad Ferari are doing with the fastest car and competent drivers. Max has had some string of luck since Saudi 2021
It was interesting hearing him say how much easier it is this season with LeClerc as opposed to Hamilton. But reality is last season was two teams battling it out in track most of the season. Whereas this season LeClerc and Verstappen have only ever been fighting a handful of occasions and that was early season. I can't remember the last time either was genuinely fighting one another for position in machinery on equal footing.

It was interesting hearing him say how much easier it is this season with LeClerc as opposed to Hamilton. But reality is last season was two teams battling it out in track most of the season. Whereas this season LeClerc and Verstappen have only ever been fighting a handful of occasions and that was early season. I can't remember the last time either was genuinely fighting one another for position in machinery on equal footing.
Yeah RB have won a lot by default, there's no driver battle. I probably will tune out for a lot of the season now, it's done. Merc's mechanics or Ferrari's strategists need to up their game for next year.

Yeah RB have won a lot by default, there's no driver battle. I probably will tune out for a lot of the season now, it's done. Merc's mechanics or Ferrari's strategists need to up their game for next year.
Or ideally both, staggering how F1 struggles to ever have more than 2 teams really competing properly for the championship.

in-season testing was banned in 2009. Three constructors (arguably two since Brawn became Mercedes) have won the ***le in the 14 years since. Before testing was banned there were five constructors in 14 years. Teams simply cannot adjust their cars without testing.

A strange weekend. I watched Ford vs Ferrari (Le Mans '66) on Saturday then the continuing spin-off sequel mini-series Ferrari vs Ferrari on the Sunday. Its getting gobsmacking to the extent I'm wondering if their strategy is selected by throwing a dart at a wall or something.

Piastri and Webber might be my heroes. Also I'm now 99% certain Latifi is out now.

in-season testing was banned in 2009. Three constructors (arguably two since Brawn became Mercedes) have won the ***le in the 14 years since. Before testing was banned there were five constructors in 14 years. Teams simply cannot adjust their cars without testing.

They do have various options they could try.

- Teams can run the T-car in friday practice with their 3rd driver if they sacrifice X million of their annual budget (was a slightly different take on this in the mid-2000s).
- Test days on the Monday after the race weekend on permanent circuits [when all the gear is there, makes sense to use it more. Moto GP have been doing this for years].
- You get an extra in-season test day for the year for your position in previous constructors championship. i.e. winner gets 1 day, 10th placed team gets 10 days.

As for Ferrari - they were a pack of clowns before Jean Todt arrived and swiftly descended back into being a pack of clowns after he left. Anyone forget how they screwed Alonso up too?
Sounds a bit racist (if Italians were a race) but excitable Italians don't have a track record of making good decisions in the heat of the moment).

Stupid by Hamilton, Alonso had nowhere to go. There was no need to be driving like that.

Yeah rare complete cock up by him where you can say he's 100% categorically wrong. Dunno what he was thinking.

Latest posts