• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

::: Fa'atau82's 2010-11 Workshop :::

Faatau82

Academy Player
I will be trying to update the following game-modes for the current season:

- NEW Magners League Mode (featuring updated kits, Pitch Graphics, Balls, Flags, Updated Stadiums Art etc and will replace Aviva Premiership filewise as a seperate patch release)
- Aviva Premiership Full Update (Flags, Balls, Pitch graphics, Updated Stadium Art etc) maybe add some extra RFU Championship teams.. (i fancy making the RFU Championship)
- Generally improve the game's AI/logic where possible..

I have got a filefront account now, so you can find any uploaded files there.

http://www.filefront.com/user/faatau82

Newly added downloads:

- Aviva Premiership Balls (For all Premiership teams)
- How to Customise Training Kits (Add your favourite team's kit and stadium to practice mode - Includes London Irish kit as default)
- Icons for Desktop.exes

Coming soon:

- Stadium update for The Stoop, Franklin's Gardens and a couple more premiership venues)
- New Aviva Premiership Adboards in new format (more adboards, with some club specific boards)

Feel free to post questions, but reasonable and constructive ones please.

Last edited:
Does the western province have new kit ?

Edit Faatau82: I'm not sure, maybe find some pics and post them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Faatau,
I've downloaded from you many beautiful things for this game and now I hope that there will be also italian teams in your next patch.

Edit Faatau82: I will definitely include Treviso and Aironi. I can't make a Super10 because i can only make a 12 team league, so i'd have to add another two teams, or i can make the Amlin Challenge Cup which has Rovigo, Cavalieri etc.

Super10 is not a great league, but it'd be fun to play as it has exciting players who are not quite famous yet. Like the Japanese Top League would be as well. I will most likely end up making patches over the Premiership and Heineken Cup. It's much quicker that way as i would only be updating the same files, apart from the artwork and kits.

well u say that but im afraid there arnt many big italian teams i can only think of treviso, ardani and viadana. But magners league will include these teams also can u put these icons on filefront becoz many people dont have yahoo and yahoos is terrible :/

Edit Faatau82: Filefront and others delete your files after 21 days of inactivity, which means i'll be re-uploading it half the time. Maybe i can upload them to TRF or make an FTP.

Thank you so much Faatau to answer me so soon. I'm a supporter of Cavalieri and I'd really like to play Amlin Challenge Cup. I know that italian league is not so important but I enjoy watching it and also other italian teams could play well. I hope to play Amlin with all teams. Which editor do you use? Have a nice work!

for makin a team you use this editor Download Here Woosah rugassmic editor 08. This im my own link so if it doesnt work tell me and il upload it again. Plus i would be good to see an italian league it would be fun to use new teams

Hey guys.

I've been away for a good while. I got bored of Rugby '08 after patching it so much.. it becomes a bit of a chore, i needed a good rest and so i'm back after doing mods for other games, also with a bit more knowledge.

So here is my 2010-11 season workshop.

Due to the many changes in the competitions since the original release, the best way to make patches for this game is to use the existing competitions and release patches to update the various competitions for different world club competitions. The only way to get the best out of the game really.

Using this method the following NEW competitions (give and take a bit) can now be made:

Magners League (replaces 12 team Premiership) Many people will be waiting for this..
Currie Cup (replaces 12 team Premiership and cuts 2 teams) Format changes after 2011, i just decided to do it for them.
ITM Cup (replaces 12 team Premiership and cuts 2 teams) Format change in 2011, so again i just decided to make my own format.
Super Rugby (replaces RWC mode of 20 teams and adds 5 extra expansion teams, which can be one existing real-life team each from: Canada, USA, Argentina, Japan and a combined Tonga-Fiji-Samoa Pacific Islanders team)

These competitions will be released as seperate patches with seperate artwork, kits, rosters etc rather than one large patch, because it is not possible to patch major competitions with the full squads and formats. This will unfortunately mean you will have to make copies of the original directories to run these mods, but i doubt very few people will require all of them.. i hope.

It will be much quicker for me to make the smallest/quickest modes first. I will of course make an update for the Aviva Premiership too.

I can at the very least update the fixtures for Heineken Cup first. I don't think the actual fixtures matter, as it's better to 'randomise' them in anycase.

I have set-up a Yahoo! Group for these patches, so please use this URL to find the latest updates.
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/faatau82admin/files/

Many Thanks

AVAILABLE PATCHES

GENERAL FILES:

Icons for desktop

Description: A selection of new logo icons for ITM Cup, Currie Cup, Aviva Premiership, Heineken Cup, Top 14, SupeRugby and Magners League.

How to install: Right-click on the Rugby 08.exe on your desktop. Go to properties. Click on 'change icon' button and browse for the icon you want to use and select it. Click OK. Apply settings, and the new icon will be on the desktop .exe file.

Screenshots:
screenshoticons.jpg

DOWNLOAD HERE at the official Yahoo Group

Feel free to post questions, but reasonable and constructive ones please.

Welcome back buddy. I see you and I were thinking along the same lines In terms of hte Currie Cup replacing the Premiership. I have kits and minikits for the teams thanks to all the Kit makers on the forum, already named correctly to replace the Premiership Teams, I have got the balls as well as the flags and banners and pitch logos, my own little graphic work, I am also working on a roster to use with these files. Let me know if you want to use some of htese files and I cna drop them for you somewhere.

Cheers.

Edit Faatau82: Well, i figured that formats change in real-life and as the game is outdated, we have to use a little creative license.. so a 12 team Currie Cup, with the two poorest teams cut/merged into other teams would be perhaps a logical way for the Currie Cup to go in future anyway. I have my own templates for logos etc, so it'd be kits really i'd need the most.

A RWC 2011 Mod would be lovely, can't figure out how to edit tournament pools. Super Rugby seems to be an interesting concept, could you explain it in a little more detail?

Edit Faatau82: Well, the Super14 has just started using a conference system where you have 5 teamed groups. So the RWC would be the nearest format but we'd need 5 extra teams which could just be 'expansion teams'

can u upload the files somewhere were u dont have to have an acount please

Edit Faatau82: I'll look into it.

firstly will it be compatible for those who already have Up v1.2 installed? and secondly, is there a way of you replacing the top 14 (i have MUP installed) with these tournaments insead of the premiership?
many thanks, david 0404

Edit Faatau82: Well, the Premiership and H-Cup patches will be. This is completely different from MUP. Trying to make one big patch doesn't really work. If you have faces in the files, they wont change unless i use a different roster.. so most likely i will update the MUP roster. Basically, my patches will be the new artwork, kits etc.. and the roster will come last. Rosters are easy, anyone can do them.. though i was actualy going to make a roster with each patch. for that patch only.. so you won't be able to play Currie Cup teams vs Premiership teams because i won't be doing it that way.

im guessing these will be seperate patches but it isnt easy to say with faatu

Edit Faatau82: I will make individual patches for individual competitions, so you will download the files, it will take a competition like the Premiership and it will patch it to become Currie Cup or whichever and that will be it. It won't update the whole game. If the game had a create-a-mode feature, i would have just made one patch for all teams, but as it doesn't.. the best i can do.. in the time i have is to make specific patches. So ideally, you'd leave your MUP folder and make a new folder and install the new patch into a new directory each time.

Hi Faatau, I'm trying to make faces since three days. I've downloaded BigGui, FshEd005, RugbyGob and Oedit. I've opened Oedit but when I try to open a file but it let me open just .o files or ORD.files. What are them? I'd like to use some photos to make faces and they are in jpg or bmp format. Why doesn't it work? I downloded many converter but I didn't manage to obtain a .o files :huh:

Edit Faatau82: I'm no expert, but from my understanding.. you go to rugbygob, find a filename for player (to make a good face, you need to look in game and find a headshape that's similar to your player you want to make) and you use biggui to extract it. If you then extract the image from the extracted file (use biggui again it think) you can open the fsh file in fshED and put your new face in. To make the face you need the image from the file, which is like a panoramic view of the head. You can take the main part of the face and blend the face into the face image using photoshop. You then save that image, and open o-edit. In o-edit, you can open the headshape for the filename you extracted previous and hopefully (i cant get on with o-edit) you will load up a 3d view of the head. You can then choose to put on the face texture you made in photoshop, and adjust the points on the o.file to make the shape to how you want.

I've never succeeded using o-edit, though i have done some cad-cam recently, which is kinda similar.. so good luck to you. I can't really give any more help than that, or i'd be making faces a long time ago!

yeh im with u n that 1 modding on other games just isnt as fun ive modded for rugby 06,08, lord of the rings and other games and rugby is defo the best

for the new faces we have some faces do by sylvain31 i will post it next time when he will give me it but after you must rename with your number face because there are not the same player in our roster.

siteg.png
[/center]

Great stuff pageski, thank you for sharing!Send regards to sylvain31 for his awesome faces.

If it's okay I'll use some of these faces in my next patch release?

Latest posts