• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

fake names

Gary Stryder Phillips

Academy Player
is there any players on there with fake names as on rugby 08? it was a pain trying to know who i was playing when they didn't have their proper names hope this game is a huge success as i was quite gutted that they never made any rugby games after rugby 08

they only had fake names becos EA neva aquired the rights/permissions of teh clubs such as on pro evo were sunderland is called wearside

is there any players on there with fake names as on rugby 08? it was a pain trying to know who i was playing when they didn't have their proper names hope this game is a huge success as i was quite gutted that they never made any rugby games after rugby 08

i know there are 2 rugny games coming out this year and one of them has the license to new zeland and the other does not, i dont know if that means just the teams official logo/kit or if it extends to the players also

it is only the teams name that is effected because eventhow there shirts/boots etc belong to the club the make e.g. Nike or Kooga are asked for permission they normally agree because they get a share of the money that is made from the games while the team does not.

They don't have the New Zealand or Australia license... they are countries and i don't think you can license them :p

But they do have the exclusive All Blacks and Wallabies licenses, which means that no other game (I don't know how long the license lasts) can have the names/logos of the teams or the player names and likenesses... The World Cup license may be some sort of loop hole but who really knows... Until a full list of licenses have been announced for both games it's probably better to not assume anything just yet...

But in the world cup are Australia the wallabies and NZ all blacks or is that seen as a form of advertising

Yeah, I'm not really sure... They could be considered a different team when playing in the world cup, although the 2007 uniform did have All Blacks written on them???

It's part of the team crest though not letting NZ have that would be like not letting Ireland have IRFU on their shirt. Anyway all we can do is speculate as long as this game have images that look remotely like a human and good gameplay I'll be happy

I dont mind if they have fake names. But if they could at least make the player faces and Positions correct, together with a Name editor! That way we can change the names after! Or just download the updated roster from Somewhere.

I dont mind if they have fake names. But if they could at least make the player faces and Positions correct, together with a Name editor! That way we can change the names after! Or just download the updated roster from Somewhere.

agreed if it was just 2 or 3 teams with fake names i suppose it would be ok aslong as they wernt big clubs e.g. leister tigers

that was always one of the main problems for me, instead of letting you edit the player you had to spend time creating a whole new player

But judging that they have the World Cup license doesn't mean that they will include the Original teams regardless of team licensing? If you can't have the All Blacks, Wallabies, etc. teams in it what good is that you have the WC licensing anyways?

I don't know how licensing works, but it seems reasonable to think that there are different levels it applies judging to competitions. The All Blacks shirts with the silver fern and WC logo is a different license from the one with the Adidas Logo.

Just saying...

they should have the big teams eg.leinster,leicester,northampton licensed who cares about the **** teams eg.leeds,exeter etc.

Latest posts