• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Falklands Crisis

The Argentinians are taught alot of boo-hoggey in school relating to the Falklands. They were also taught that if they were captured they would be gassed and the Gurkhas would eat them. (no joke)

..a 200 year old claim has really no validity. No one would suport a Mexican claim to get California and Texas back, and the Falklands case is even more far-fetched.

Haa!! You tell the fecking Waitangi Tribunal that.

Some of the crap that comes out of that overpaid, overweight bunch of self-serving cronies is laughable. A small number of elitist Maori are responsible for 90% of the claims. Some of the things they have tried to claim make the Argentine claim on the Falklands look like a slam dunk! They include....

► Claiming the radio frequency spectrum within NZ as exclusive property of Maori. FFS Marconi hadn't even in invented the radio (1895) when the Treaty was signed (1840)

► Claiming the air that everyone breathes as Maori property.

► Claiming the airspace above NZ as Maori property. As above, aeroplanes didn't exist when the treaty was signed.

► Trying to charge NASA and other world wide space agencies for flying their satellites over New Zealand :rolleyes:

And now for the latest piece of lunacy.... Wai 262.

http://www.med.govt.nz/templates/Page____10048.aspx

They are claiming they own every Native tree, shrub, bush animal or bird in New Zealand.

When will this continual gravy train of grievances and frivolous claims pull into the station at the end of the line?

When will this continual gravy train of grievances and frivolous claims pull into the station at the end of the line?
Usually when you breed them out of existence. Isnt that the way these things are done?

Why not just speed it up, kill them all, then wait 100 years and everyone will say its fine. Its not as if they had any real legal right to their lands. Thems were coloured, ignorant, and didnt have guns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually when you breed them out of existence. Isnt that the way these things are done?

Why not just speed it up, kill them all, then wait 100 years and everyone will say its fine. Its not as if they had any real legal right to their lands. Thems were coloured, ignorant, and didnt have guns......

.....or a flag!!!

Eddie is brilliant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear, another claim.

http://en.mercopress.com/2011/06/29...k-of-keeping-hostage-2000-falklands-islanders

I swear these politicians are retarded. This is the extent of absoloute garbage that comes out their mouths.

And also, no Argentinian population was ever expelled in 1833. A small military Garrison that had been there for 3 months when it was expelled and all the civilians were encouraged to remain. All but 4 did remain. Not 4000, 400 or 40, 4 civilians left.

Last edited:
Anyway, at this point I really think there is no point in Argentina claiming them.
Certainly is a point. The same point Britain recognises.

Oil exploration rights.

Neither state cares about the people. The state is the enemy of the people, especially when it promises to provide for all the needs of the people:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LLQa5QwPD8k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Certainly is a point. The same point Britain recognises.

Oil exploration rights.

Neither state cares about the people. The state is the enemy of the people, especially when it promises to provide for all the needs of the people:

So a Brit just short of 200 years ago recognized that the world would one day be a heavy consumer of oil, discovered the oil however many hundreds of metres below sea level and then got the government to claim the islands?

@ j-dawg

Look at the type of glass he has got in front of him, I wonder whats in it...

Last edited:
So a Brit just short of 200 years ago recognized that the world would one day be a heavy consumer of oil, discovered the oil however many hundreds of metres below sea level and then got the government to claim the islands?

@ j-dawg

Look at the type of glass he has got in front of him, I wonder whats in it...

TBF, although it wasn't known at the time it's a big factor in why we retain control. As is the fact it has a strategic value.

Anyway, our lads died defending it and the locals are more British than most of the population of the UK so they're ours!

I'm not so sure, I think that the government would still aggresively defend the islands even if there was no oil, its also a morale (the inspire kind, not the right/ wrong) kinda of thing in my eyes.

Were there any tests being conducted for oil in 1983?

not sure but I think we lose our rights to part of antartica if we don't have it. so that would have been a factor too.

Latest posts