• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fallout 3 (Xbox 360;PS3;PC)

J

Jer1cho

So, the game is out on Friday, and i for one have been waiting forever for this one. IGN have given the game 9.6/10, saying that it is an extraordinary game, and an unforgettable experience... There is no difference between the 360 and PS3 versions, with both having near identical visuals. The PC version is apparently leagues bove the 2 in terms of visuals, but offers the same gameplay experience. The only issues i have read on the consoles involve stutters and framerate issues here and there. The PC version will probably have a gazillion ****les and jiggles, but all in all, i think this is going to be a very strong contender for GOTY 2008. What do you guys think? Here is a quote from the review:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
If it's pure graphical prowess you're after, the PC version of Fallout 3 is the one you'll want…provided you have a computer that can run the game. The point where top of the line PCs outclassed current consoles has come and gone and even at the same resolution, the extra detail PCs can pump into Fallout 3 is extraordinary. Both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions look great, even if they do suffer from occasional framerate issues that cause the game to stutter. The difference in looks between the two console versions is small compared to the leap that comes with a top of the line PC.

Closing Comments

It's rare that a game can hit the mark in so many different and often conflicting areas. Fallout 3 offers freedom without sacrificing a focused story. It delivers fantastic combat without forgoing a deep role-playing system. The characters you meet are engaging and oftentimes hilarious without feeling out of place in this harsh world. The game has a few flaws -- most of them technical -- but it's a case where the whole is greater than the sum. It's a fantastic game with incredible atmosphere that offers fun in so many different ways that you're almost sure to get hooked. This is one of the best games you'll play this year.[/b]

Now, do I listen to the Zonerunner or do I run into Tescos flapping my debit card in the air like an outraged blunderbuss to make the purchase?

To be fair, i'm contemplating it.

My immediate concern is how can it go from some really poor previews to a couple of excellent reviews? I worry i'd be purchasing a "DRIV3R"...

Well, that, plus a certain investment the following week...

There are some things in life one can be happy to forget. Driv3R was one of them.

Thank you ever so much for reminding me of Driv3r. That's really made my day...

*I want my £40 back...*

I got doubly duped with DRIV3R. I saw it in game for £35 and bought it. I was then walking past Dixons and saw it for £40 but with a free steering wheel!

I took it back to game and then bought it from Dixons. The game was rubbish and as for the steering wheel... don't get me started!

Well, i bought the game, and i am hooked. Can't get enough. I'm at work, feeling very depressed because i can't play it now. The game is very VERY similar to The Elder scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Great story, great graphics, brilliant atmosphere and it's fun exploring the wasteland. Highly recommended!

I buckled. The Fallout 3 Collector's Edition arrived late this evening. Can't speak for the quality of the game, but the quality of the packaging should be a textbook example of "How To Do A Collector's Edition". Comes in a lunchbox made out of metal, and the bobblehead toy is of surprisingly high quality.

I got it on pc and not very far in just got out of the vault and cruised over to megaton. it looks very much like a wasteland that's for sure and the vats system is just so awesome. you can tell they did spend a lot of time in creating this game and it shows.

Here we go a new decent game each week until xmas..... then we get to spend the next 6 months catching up with them and life which we sacrificed to play them

you guys are so sad.

but not as sad as me, since my pc's have been in a shipping container for the last 2 and a half months...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Klarkash-ton @ Nov 4 2008, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
you guys are so sad.

but not as sad as me, since my pc's have been in a shipping container for the last 2 and a half months...[/b]

aw you poor thing dude. I know whats that like kind of, was without my beast of a pc over a month and a bit as it was in a shipping container when I moved back to nz from aus in july this year. it will be worth the wait if your pc can run it and if you have no other option to play it on.

They kind of miss the ball with a lot of the Fallout canon and feel, but that's nothing new they've done better than I thought they would. Nonetheless this is a sequel to Oblivion, not the wonderfully twisted FO2, though that doesn't stop it from being a good game. Character models could be a lot better, i'm having a bit of fun but still think I prefer Far Cry 2.

first patch for the pc is coming thanks to microsoft using their might and forcing bethesda to fix some stuff to do with crashing on exiting to the game.

this from the bethesda community manager

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Bethesda CM wrote:
Hey all, I wanted to give you an update on this…

It looks like this patch might not being going up today, but you should expect it sometime this week. You should know the patch only fixes some crashing on exiting the game, as requested by Microsoft.

We’re also moving along with pulling together a more extensive update. We’re still in the process of going through and looking at any issues/fixes, and once that is done there is lots of additional testing/fixing that has to be done before it can be released. Similarly, we're looking into matters on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

When I’ve got more information, I’ll pass it along.[/b]

Does anyone know where to find Dogmeat? I heard he is fighting some Raiders at a scrapyard somewhere. Anyway, i.m about 7 hours in now. Busy enslaving some people for the slave trade at Paradise Falls. What a game.

I took my first tentative steps in this last night (and was highly disappointed when I left the vault without making the squelchy with the observers daughter), but my instant reaction isn't "Oblivion with Guns", more like "Deus Ex 3".

Which is hardly a bad thing.

I finished the game last night, but just to see the story. Because i was somewhat evil throughout, but made the right choice in the end, i got a mixed ending. This time round, i am going to do all of the side quests, and try to find all the hidden aspects of the game. I'm also going to be a good character, and not blow up towns like i did last time. :) For me, this is my game of the year (with the PC version of Mass Effect). Have yet to play GTA$, as it's only out in 3 weeks for PC.

I completed it yesterday afternoon, and I must admit, "Deus Ex" never once crossed my mind. Maybe it was the fact that soundtrack feels like its been ripped from Oblivion. Maybe its the way all the NPC's look and act a bit... lifeless. The way the mechanics seem retrofitted to the way Oblivion does things. I just couldnt help but shake the feeling of Oblivion.

That being said, I actually liked Oblivion, and I certainly wasnt expecting a true heir to Fallout anyways (their characterisation of the Brotherhood of Steel is completely off the first two games for one). It definately rivals Fable 2 for "shortest RPG if you solely pursue the main quest", but I enjoyed my time in the Capital Wasteland. The ending is fitting. I wouldnt rate it 10/10 like some sections of the journalistic sector have. Perhaps a solid 8.

Maybe i'll pick it up on PC for another 1000 gamerscore...

I'm not liking the constant re-use of the word "Short" I'm hearing so often. I want it to last me months (so it keeps me out the pub, vis-a-vie I stop being broke). Does it have replay value?

Latest posts