• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Famous Rugby players?

lucky number 7

International
Country Flag
Christmas Island
Club or Nation
Leinster
I read somewhere that George W Bush was on the First XV in Yale for a while and It got me wondering what other celebrities or famous men and women have played rugby at some point or another?

Gordon brown went blind in one eye after getting an injury in rugby

I imagine a lot of English actors etc. will have at some point, a lot of them having come through private schools

Michael Bisping (UFC fighter) used to play rugby on the side, but was told to give it up because it was too dangerous

I've heard Jonny Wilkinson played rugby at some point I may be wrong but he's a celebrity isnt he?

I'm pretty sure Sir Terry Wogan played rugby at Belvedere college

Bill Clinton at Oxford Idi Amin at Sandhurst and Che Guevara in Argentina great things the internet tells you in a matter of seconds.

Ross Kemp for Maidstone / Brentwood Rugby Club.
Boris Karloff played in Hollywood.
J.R.R. Tolkien played at Oxford.
Prince William played for Eton Third XV.
Robbie Coltrane was a Scottish Schools cap.
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle played at Stonyhurst.
Mariusz Pudzianowski - :lol:
Andre The Giant played whilst at school in France.
John F. Kennedy played and captained Harvard R.F.C
Richard Burton played for Pontrhydyfen.
Idi Amin played for Sandhurst 1st XV and Nile RFC

http://wesclark.com/rrr/famous.html

Che after a rugby game:

che_guevara.jpg

http://wesclark.com/rrr/che_guevara.jpg

Andre the Giant? thats a big suprise he seemed to be really suffering from his size in later years and im sure it would have effected him when he was younger :/

Andre the Giant? thats a big suprise he seemed to be really suffering from his size in later years and im sure it would have effected him when he was younger :/

I've read a lot about Andre The Gaint, and he did play rugby when he lived in Coulommiers, France. He would have only been about 6'8'' back then, and he was always fairly athletic in his early career (even doing dives from the top rope). He was a lot smaller than he was in the late 80's-early 90's. Still, it's pretty cool he played, imagine him hitting a ruck.

Gordon brown went blind in one eye after getting an injury in rugby

I imagine a lot of English actors etc. will have at some point, a lot of them having come through private schools

Michael Bisping (UFC fighter) used to play rugby on the side, but was told to give it up because it was too dangerous

Oh cool. I heard Gordon Brown stabbed himself in the eye. At least with that it came with rugby he'll have some dignity. Oh wait...

Didn't Gavin Henson (Off Stricty and that artic thing) play a few games for Wales?

Can't believe nobody had already said that.

Bill Clinton at Oxford Idi Amin at Sandhurst and Che Guevara in Argentina great things the internet tells you in a matter of seconds.

Really?! That's a good find. Che Guevara played rugby... Who woulda thought?!

Latest posts