• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fans Flood Field

i agree that if planned they are just lame and pointless (although planning them with 5 mins to go is slightly different) however they dont happen because supporters know they will get arrested if they do - why should this be the case since all it does is adds to the emotion of the scene?

The only cases ive ever heard of where people have been trampled is in incidents such as the Ibrox disaster where people begin to leave, only for their team to score a late goal and get back in it - causing many people to turn and run back to catch the end. the consequences of something like this are much greater than a pitch invasion, yet the risk of it happening occures nearly every week in Glasgow alone these days. (espc since people are now leaving earlier, so there is more time to get back into it and more chance of a second late goal being scored)

i think that would be a lot of fun, but i could see it getting dangerous.

There were a load of fans on the pitch after Scarletts v Sarries last week, Sorrell had to shout when he was being interviewed!

I think that this could be okay. It is dangerous, but a whole load of other sports do it, so why not rugby?

I loved the old days when you could flood the pitch without the cops arresting you

Latest posts