SomeOke

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
http://www.fantasyrugbydraft.com/

For those of you who aren't aware this is a fantasy rugby competition, in the mold of the NFL draft.

10 players get together and we "draft" teams, we can then trade, add and drop players in our team throughout the season, and we play a different player each week.

I've only played once before but it's a lot of fun, and if you don't want to put in the time it really doesn't matter since your starting team will be more or less the same every week.

Here are the "rankings" just to whet your appetite - http://www.fantasyrugbydraft.com/rankings
They don't hold any weight other than a general guideline (or if you miss the draft you get auto-drafted in the order of the rankings).

Anyone keen?

Shaggy used our same league as last year and recently opened it up
Can anyone take the honors from me this year :) ?

Shaggy used our same league as last year and recently opened it up
Can anyone take the honors from me this year :) ?

...Are,we can only but try ... what is it? ... this will be my third year of organising this, and i haven't got past the semifinal stage yet :)

Just to reinforce what someoke said; if you miss the draft, don't give up, this happened to me last year, as work changed a shift on me late in the piece, but i still managed to make the playoffs ... you can trade players each week.

I strongly recommend that you take part in the draft though (it's a lot of fun), and watch their little video of how to play.

There are still some places left to fill, so PM me, and I'll send the password etc ... looking for active players though please, if your team remains the same from week to week, and is filled with injured players or ones that aren't taking the field that week, it makes it a probable win for whoever is playing against you, and less fun for the league as a whole.

Okay, the draft will be rapidly upon us soon, and we still have four slots to fill ... first in, first served ... league name: TRF password: trf2017

I'll leave it as a private league for a few days, but if i don't get any takers from here, I'll change it to public to get a full league

Cheers

I'm thinking about it.

Couple of questions if you don't mind.
How seriously are you guys taking this? I just don't wanna ruin the league for others. I'm not sure i will take this as seriously as others might. Just changed jobs and not sure how much time i'll have on my hands.
When is the draft date/time (i'm in Euro time zone)?

I'm thinking about it.

How seriously are you guys taking this? I just don't wanna ruin the league for others. I'm not sure i will take this as seriously as others might. Just changed jobs and not sure how much time i'll have on my hands.

Hey Cruz,

Well, I guess the answer is or has been that some of us actively play, and by that I mean we follow the actual super side's team naming each week, and try to beat each other to grabbing the new players from the available player pool if required, or at the very least, making sure that all our players named in our side, are playing that week (none are injured or their team is on a bye) ... so i guess your level of seriousness depends on you really ... if you can commit to having a competitive team each week, that's good enough I think.

As for the timing of the draft, I'm trying to negotiate that now with the others; we are currently set at 0700 UTC on 18 Feb, putting that at 8 pm for me on a Saturday night NZ time, which does not suit me as I will probably be working ... as most of the team managers are South African based (and in a similar time zone to you, I'm hoping to accommodate them and the one Australian based guy, so I'm hoping to set the draft time for around 8 or 9pm, your time on either Saturday 18th or Sunday 19th, giving us in Australasia a morning pick ... open to suggestions on this, but there hasn't been much response to my post on the FRD site so far :)

I'm thinking about it.

Not remotely seriously. Usually I've forgotten by the second week

...which team were you again Henry?

...Mysterious Sandwich..... I promise I'll try and remember this time! Normally I forget to make changes and then tilt massively because of "what could have been" when the player I wanted in scores a hat-trick.
Which are you?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok wait, forget I said anything, I thought I'd joined but didn't. Fail.

...Mysterious Sandwich..... I promise I'll try and remember this time! Normally I forget to make changes and then tilt massively because of "what could have been" when the player I wanted in scores a hat-trick.
Which are you?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok wait, forget I said anything, I thought I'd joined but didn't. Fail.

There's still time if you want to join

excellent can you send me some league and password info. and when exactly is the draft? i am in the UK so gmt/umt is similar i believe

missed the draft as got an email , saying it was starting
as i didnt get push emails on that account, i missed it so apologies. worst thing is i actually stayed in that saturday night as well (very unusual)

looking to trade and improve

To all that missed the draft, it is not the start and end of everything.
Just keep playing weekly, you do need to have been active in the draft to participate.
This is huge fun and gets more interesting as the season progresses

Couldn't get the lad sleeping soon enough to make the draft but got auto picked Damian McKenzie and managed to snap up the incomparable Kwagga Smith as you fools didn't draft him. In saying that I know full well I am now probably going to get about 4 matches worth of game time between the two for the season..

Latest posts