• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Far Cry 2

I know what you mean, i saw footage of FC2 on youtube some time ago and thought the graphics looked phenomenal!

I will be definently giving this one a go.

This game is also on my pre-order list along with Fifa 09, can't wait for these games!

There are too many releases happening at once. . .

GTA IV (PC), SPORE, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, C & C Red Alert 3, Left 4 Dead, Crysis Warhead... Can't affoed them all. :( Will have to make a choice. . . . . . .

+ S.T.A.L.K.E.R clear sky, it's a massive pain in the arse that p.c users have been starved for games for the past four months then all of the sudden about ten bloody massive ***les are being released in the space of two months.

FC 2 looks good, but it depends on how well the 'sandbox' gameplay is implemented. While it's good fun to run around and do whatever you want, you need a strong central story to bind things together (i.e Stalker, a flawed example though). The A.I looks pretty innovative though,for example if you shoot some dude in the knee he will be all like "oooh ahh, owie" on the ground and his mates will all respond accordingly, rushing to help him out. So you can be like the psycho asian girl at the end of Full Metal Jacket with a good sniper rifle. Real World weather and fire also looks cool.

will be awesome when far cry 2 finally does come out. as mentioned though plenty of pc games coming out over the next few months so some may not pick this one up on the pc.

fallout 3 is being globally censored because of australia.

farcry 2 could be good or bad. it should be going gold very soon.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 19 2008, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why was it banned?[/b]

Fallout 3? From Kotaku.com:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Last night, we heard that Fallout 3 had been refused classification in Australia by the Office of Film & Literature Classification. Which is a lovely, legalese term for "banned". But just what was it about the game that caused the decision? What content was deemed too explicit to be given an MA15+ rating, the highest the OFLC are allowed to give? Turns out it had nothing to do with gore, or cannibalism. It was the drugs. Specifically, the game's "chems", or power-ups:

Corresponding with the list of various "chems" are small visual representation of the drugs, these include syringes, tablets, pill bottles, a crack-type pipe and blister packs. In the Board's view these realistic visual representations of drugs and their delivery method bring the "science-fiction" drugs in line with "real-world" drugs.

Our advice, Bethesda: add some antenna and tesla coils to those crack pipes.[/b]

apparently Bethseda have made changes so the aussies could now give it a mr15+ rating. They don't, unlike other countries, have an 18 rating for games. The article appears to be right too about adding some attenna and tesla coils. In Fallout the drug use came with the high percentage chance of serious side effects. Bioshock had non-realistic drugs with only good effects (which was odd when all the splicers etc had lost it completely from adam addiction) yet nobody blinked an eye since they were dressed up as science fiction.

I do find it bizarre that the slightest hint of realistic sex (or blurrily implied sex in The Witcher for example) or drug use seems to have more influence on a games rating than blasting limbs off bit by bit.

and i hope far cry 2 doesn't have idiotic monster like far cry did, we have crysis for that.

I would hope the only monster in Far Cry 2 is this warlord you have to kill.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Dec 23 2008, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I played 4 hours of this game and decided that was enough....[/b]

Why so GG?

Personally I feel Farcry 2 was the best fps game made this year, graphics are awesome,loads of missions and a nice variety of guns.

I think the game was a bit too slow for my liking...the graphics were not on the same level as COD 4 or 5, MGS4 or Assasins Creed.

I suppose if I had nothing to do all day and 14 hour stints of uninterrupted gaming then the game would be quite immersive.

respawning enemy gave me the shits - so i have only touched 2 hours of gameplay
i still have it for multiplayer - i havent touched mp yet, because cod5 is my life, but being able to create ur own maps, makes me keep this just in case

Latest posts