• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

fastest player in the game

Bloody hell, some of you people are rapid! Got one quite a few lads at our club who probably do it between 11 and 12, but personally, I like to rely on my sidestep to get me places
<

Originally posted by Gandalf@Mar 4 2005, 07:11 AM
my best time 10.7 boys!!! must brag, but that was bout 6 yrs back. Prob do now in 11.5(at best!!!!!).
10.7 is amazing.
i did 11.6 and that was probably the most perfect run i've ever had, mabye in a few years i will increase my speed

yep richees, but as i said that was six years back(19 at the time)... I wasn't even the fastest in our region(South cape, South Africa). These little wiry coloured folk around here can move. I remember the fastest little bugger consistently ran 10.5's. They weren't much good at rugga though coz they all weighed in the region of 55-60 kgs... I myself weighed bout 78kgs way back then!!!

Now I'm a heavier 86(but man the beer is good here!)
<

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Mar 4 2005, 12:58 AM
<
..either u dont believe i ran that or your just kidding around....ur kidding around right?..right?.............
nah mate I'm not kidding ya, but that is my best time but would always get mid 13's.
Have a mate who could do it in 10.98, or something pretty close to that and he was a whitey
<

Now I'm 22 and 174kg (down from 182kg a month ago from my rugby teams preseason trainings) and my 100m time probably ain't worth timing, stupid spine.
<

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Mar 3 2005, 10:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE CHIROPRACTOR101 @ Mar 3 2005, 10:16 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-mark_shaw
@Mar 3 2005, 09:09 PM
<

<

<

<

<

<

<
haha big boy, not a bad effort!!!!

and ur idea is?
my speedsta mate mark shaw runs the 100 in 10.8 and i run it at 13.4....anyone else would like to throwdown there time...kinkon(super fijian poster)..umo?...locksley
<
[/b]
last year my time was 11.4secs, and i weighed 118kg's....kinda kool coz wen i make a breake the fullback and wingers eat dust
<
<
<

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Mar 4 2005, 07:19 PM
Lo-mu?
<
na..
<
<
......I.....WISH....i'm fijian and love the centres position. i do wish tho that lomu played in the centres. people say his defense was average but i think its because he never actually was allowed to use it. wingers need to play "safety" and watch for kicks, breaks in play....etc.

only hit i've seen him put on was against australia, when he hit ben tune and the biast commentator called it high. it was smack on shoulder height!
<
<

during that week BEN TUNE was talking it up and dissin' LOMU....
<
<

LOMU got him good
<

btw lomu ran in the 10's and he weighed 120kg.....power & speed!! lethal combination!

Late 10's early 11's he was, and ranged from 117 to 120 something at his peak, if my memory is correct. He's well over 120kg now and can probably run the 100m in 12 seconds.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Mar 4 2005, 07:36 PM
Late 10's early 11's he was, and ranged from 117 to 120 something at his peak, if my memory is correct. He's well over 120kg now and can probably run the 100m in 12 seconds.
people dont notice this but runnin' under 13 is fast...still juss imagine a giant that ways 120kgs and runnin 100 km/h at u!
<

cant wait for his return! he's either still got it or, he's lost it

Originally posted by knuck+Mar 4 2005, 11:03 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knuck @ Mar 4 2005, 11:03 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Mar 4 2005, 12:58 AM
<
..either u dont believe i ran that or your just kidding around....ur kidding around right?..right?.............
nah mate I'm not kidding ya, but that is my best time but would always get mid 13's.
Have a mate who could do it in 10.98, or something pretty close to that and he was a whitey
<

Now I'm 22 and 174kg (down from 182kg a month ago from my rugby teams preseason trainings) and my 100m time probably ain't worth timing, stupid spine.
<
[/b]
W-T-F........u belong on the wing mate
<

i bet id sidestep ya
<
<
<

a tree could step me at the moment.
<

as for wing, nah played prop since i was 4, and would switch between that and no.8 through the grades. I remember playing club rugby when i was 15 at 1st 5 but was picked for the rep team at prop, after the 1st 5 got ko'd and the 2nd 5 had his kneecap pushed around to the side of his leg (nasty nasty nasty) i slotted in at first, we were playing a **** team so it didn't matter that i hadn't learnt the moves, I think i was about 155kg. Ah the memories.

im 18 now i did a 40m sprint like in 2003 or 2004 cant remember lol.But my coach said i got 4.5 now iunno how they do it but i think they cut out the second digit or something cause howlett ran the 100 in 10.87 i think and they put him down as 10.8 but yea my coach said 4.5 for the 40 i havnt timed my self over the hundred.

i havent tried the 40timer...this is used in the nfl rite?...i betcha bobo could do this in the late 2s or at least under 4 seconds....he did it in a match
<
<
<
...superb pace hes got

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Mar 5 2005, 01:42 PM
i havent tried the 40timer...this is used in the nfl rite?...i betcha bobo could do this in the late 2s or at least under 4 seconds....he did it in a match
<

<

<
...superb pace hes got
No man on earth is that fast, BTW incase you were not sure, our NFL 40 is only 40 yards.

The fastest guys in the NFL's history (ie: Deion Sanders, Darell Green, etc..) post 40 yards in about 4.2 to 4.3 seconds.

I can drop tons of links, but is it really nescessary?

In college Darrell Green beat Carl Lewis in the 100m. He beat Carl and ran (i believe) 10.08?. Any way you dice it a 4.2 is freakin fast!!

That's right, Darrell Green ran a legal 10.08 or 10.07 in college. He's universally considered to be one of, if not the, fastest NFL player of all time. As we all know 10.07 is great, but a long way from being the fastest out there.

And there's no way of knowing if he'd carried on with track after college how he'd have improved, there are a large number of guys who ran the 10.0 in college. The majority never really improved, while a few did go on to greater things.

Legitimate college programs and the NFL combines actually use FAT to time 40's. However, there is no gun so the clock starts when you cross the start. You're not taking into account the reaction time.

There was a similar thread to this last year on letsrun, and somone posted a link to the top 10 all time 10m increments run during 100m races. That is, top 10 times for the first 10m, for the 2nd 10m, etc. From the last you could determine the fastest ever first 40m and interpolate 40y times. I can't find that list now.

However, the following is on the HSI homepage. If you remove the reaction time from the equation (as they do at the combines) Mo's time would have been approx 3.92 sec.

Maurice Slpits from his 9.80 run at the '99 WC

10m 1.86
20m 2.29
30m 3.81
40m 4.69 ( equal to a 4.05 40yd )
50m 5.55 ( he came through 5.54 during his WR post )
60m 6.39 (equaled his indoor WR )
70m 7.24
80m 8.09
90m 8.94
100m 9.80

Fastest 10 meter split .84 (50-60 meters)
Reaction off the blocks .132

The All Time NFL 100 Meters

"A"

lane

1.Ron Brown Rams/ASU 10.06
2.Alvis Whitted Raiders/NCSt 10.07
3.Darrel Green Redskins/Tex A&I 10.08
4.Bullet Bob Hayes Cowboys/Fla A&M 10.06
5.Sam Graddy Broncos/Tenn 10.09
6.Jimmy Hines Dolphins/Tex So. 9.95
7.Willie Gault Bears/Tenn 10.11
8.Curtis Dickey Colts/Tex A&M 10.11 (fastest running back ever,actually world ranked)

"B"

lane

1.James Jett Raiders/WV
2.Michael Bates Seahawks/Arizona
3.Michael Bennet Vikings/Wis
4.James Trapp Raiders/Clemson
5.Terrence Newman Cowboys/Kans St
6.Willie McGee Chargers/Alcorn St (WR 9.1)
7.Phil Epps Packers/TCU
8.Johnny Jones Jets/Texas

"C"

lane

1.Herschel Walker Cowboys/Ga.
2.Cliff Branch Raiders/Colorado
3.Mel Gray Cards/Mo.
4.Isacc Curtis Bengals/SDS
5.Frank Budd Eagles/Villanova
6.Henry Carr Giants/ASU
7.Ray Norton Niners/SJS
8.Gerald Tinker Falcons/Kent St

"D"

lane

1.Homer Jones Giants/Tex So
2.Cecil Turner Bears/CPSLO
3.Bo Jackson Raiders/Auburn
4.Deion Sanders Falcons/Fla St
5.Larry Burton Saints/Purdue
6.JD Hill Bills/ASU
7.OJ Simpson Bills/USC
8.Anthony Miller Chargers/Tenn

"E"

lane

1.Richmond Flowers Giants/Tenn
2.Renaldo Nehemiah Niners/Mary
3.Mark Duper Dolphins/NELa
4.Ken Burrough Oilers/Tex So
5.Andrew Hopkins Oilers/SFAustin
6.Joe Delaney Chiefs/NELa
7.John Roderick Dolphins/SMU
8.Charles Frazier Oilers/Tex So

"F"

lane

1.Ollie Matson Rams/SF
2.Wesley Walker Jets/Cal
3.Buddy Young Rams/Ill
4.Bob Boyd Rams/Loyola
5.Cyril Pinder Eagles/Ill
6.Curtis Conway Bears/USC
7.Harold Jackson Eagles/Jackson St
8.Clarence Childs Giants/Fla A&M

"G"

lane

1.Alexander Wright Cowboys/Auburn
2.Rocket Ismail Raiders/ND
3.James Owens Niners/UCLA
4.Herkie Walls Oilers/Texas
5.Tony Jones Oilers/Texas
6.Darrin Nelson Vikings/Stanford
7.Vance Johnson Broncos/Arizona
8.Tim Dwight Falcons/Iowa

Alot of this is from various sources of the net.

lol yea 4.05 is really quick i did 4.5 so i think theres another digit like 4.56 or something i dont know n yea i did yrds not ms my bad just so use to tongas system

What do some of the fastest wingers do over 100m? Leon Bott, the Broncos new 17 year old schoolboy does it in 10.89.

Wow, that is fast. I think it is widely known that Jonah did it in 10.8 when he was at college. That was the skinny Jonah before he could afford megafeast burgers (bring them back please)

Latest posts