Fatty mk. 2 retires

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by Bullitt, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Well, there go all the pie sales for the Blues away games.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Cymro

Cymro Guest

A bit harsh if you ask me.

Should have played for Wales this 6 Nations as Wales lacked a second row with some agrresiveness.

However his age was against him. He was good to watch ages ago but died away really.

4. gjohn85

gjohn85 Guest

At long last! Too fat, too slow, too useless.

5. Are any of the Quinnell thugs still playing?

I lose track of how many of their tribe are currently involved with the game.

6. Cymro

Cymro Guest

younger brother Gavin is at the Scarletts, I think they are the Welsh version of Phill and Grant Mitchell of Eastenders, however both great servants to Wales and their respective clubs.

7. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Gavin really looks like a fatter version of Scott, not even close though as a player.

8. loratadine

loratadine Guest

yes but hes 18/19

9. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

granted he may improve but he'll always be in the shadow of the 2 greats and the fat one.

10. loratadine

loratadine Guest

well everyone said the same about scott, that he would always be in the shadow of derek.

gavin has more potential than scott did at that age.

11. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Can't say I recall that, Quinell was delivering big performances right from the start of his international career, remember his game against the French at the Arms Park.

There wasn't much from Gavin in the games he got last season and doesn't look to have improved much on those this time round either. He's also 22 by which time Scott had more than his fair share of caps.

12. Cymro

Cymro Guest

I think Craig was at his best at International level when Wales beat England in 99. I think that was when he reached his peak.

As for Gavin from what I saw last year and what he is now he has improved and will hopefully continue to do so.

13. gjohn85

gjohn85 Guest

Heres a pic of Gavin
    [​IMG]

& here's scott
    [​IMG]

14. loratadine

loratadine Guest

hes a good player i remember he blitz through ryan jones afew times in that game

15. gjohn85

gjohn85 Guest

Is that Olly Barkly (sp?) in the second pic? Whoever it is they looks as if they just sh*t themselves.

16. loratadine

loratadine Guest

yeah it looks like barkley

17. gjohn85

gjohn85 Guest

He 22 yrs old & 22 stone (140kg)

18. loratadine

loratadine Guest

yeah my mistake, but i think he has a great future ahead of him, although using him as an impact player at the moment is the right idea, just like martyn madden

19. Cymro

Cymro Guest

Martyn Madden is a whole different kettle of fish alltogether

20. loratadine

loratadine Guest

martyn madden is great and should be knighted

21. Black-Monday

Black-Monday Guest

Starting to sound alot like BOM BOM there lora, he your next door neighbour you say?

BM

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!