• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Favorite Pacific Islands national team

B

bates

Hey guys and girls,
I was just wondering which of the Pacific Islands national teams you support.
My favorite top 3 are:

1) Fiji ( cause they play which such great power)
2) Tokelau
3) Tonga

Actually I like all the Pacific Islands team, cause the people are so friendly and I think I just like the entire atmosphere.

Please share your opinions.
Thnx

Fiji for their flair
Manu samoa brute force

I really enjoy watching the smaller rugby nations playing they are really entertaining

Yeah that's true, especially when they play against eachother nd when they do their wardance, it really brings more fya into the game

Tonga and Fiji. Fiji for their match against South Africa in the 2007 World Cup, and Tonga for beating Samoa with 13 players but also putting South Africa through their paces in the pool-stages.

Tonga and Fiji. Fiji for their match against South Africa in the 2007 World Cup, and Tonga for beating Samoa with 13 players but also putting South Africa through their paces in the pool-stages.
[/b]

When did they play that game,
Would like to check it out on youtube or find the entire game online.

The PI style of rugby is very entertaining and I always pull for them when they play one of the big guns. I remember watching Niue play in the commonwelath games 7s. They got creamed in all their matches but some of the tricks they pulled out of the bag were amazing, including the ol' throw the ball away then bring it back in dummy. you could see that they just love their rugby and clearly spend all their time messing about with rugby balls and coming up with new stuff, like brazilians and their futsal game. i'd love to go over and play there for a bit although the chance of not getting broken in half would be quite low

I noticed the same when I was fooling around in Fiji with some locals I met and we were hanging around.
They just wanna have some fun. But I think it's also part of their culture

the cook islands, home of the mighty stanley wright, the man with the largest mouth in the world
CDF_Leinster_v_Dragons07.jpg

Tonga, of course. They came literally within inches of beating South Africa. For those who said Fiji, as a Welshman, I hate you. -_-

I started reading about the rugby history of those islands this weekends.
Really nice to see how they evolved :) .

Fiji.. their backline is always dangerous, and the way they offload and keep the ball alive is amazing to watch, and a great style of rugby that the Fijians possess.

A little bit of topic, but this weekend I read a lot about the Pacific Islands Rugby on wikipedia.
I found it very interessting.

I also received my Fiji shirt on monday and i'm thinking of buying the Tongan or Samoan shirt.
Don't know it yet.

The Tongan shirt is awesome

I've cheered for all Islander sides against the big guns ever since I watched the 2003 RWC where this happened http://youtube.com/watch?v=qQm_7SDCxfE I don't know, I'm an ABs fan too, but it just seemed so awesome that a team would actually stand up to their challenge and kinda show them, hey we're not afraid of you!
Nevermind the score of that game though, hehe

I've that game on my HD.

It was a very nice game.
But just think of the following, maybe in teh near future they can beat England :cheers:

Tonga, of course. They came literally within inches of beating South Africa. For those who said Fiji, as a Welshman, I hate you. -_-
[/b]
Why soooo serious?!!

Latest posts