• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Favourite AI Fixture

C

cyRil

A question for our Southern Hemisphere posters; which NH team do you look forward most to playing; in terms of rivalry, skill and flair, intensity and overall a corking good game?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Sep 14 2009, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
A question for our Southern Hemisphere posters; which NH team do you look forward most to playing; in terms of rivalry, skill and flair, intensity and overall a corking good game?[/b]

Says he, knowing who he wants them to say. ;)

Ireland and France, haven't played them in some time.

Played Italy last year, so meh.

Would have been nice if we played against England this year, to see Morne Steyn kicking the **** out of Jonny Wilkinson ^_^ .That will just have to wait untill next year I guess (if Jonny isn't injured before then).

So yeah looking forward to the France and Ireland games this year, luckily for these two teams JDV will be busy scoring intercepts for Munster and not against them :p .

BTW my most favourite AI fixture is definitely the Boks vs England.

Hello, my name is Dutchie von Safferland and my favourite team to play in the AIs is always Wales. In terms of rivalry, skill and flair, intensity and overall a corking good game Wales can't be beat.

128707672835090134.jpg

But seriously, I do want to know people's opinions. I'd think most would go for Ireland atm, as they are (nominally) the best team in Europe :p , and everyone loves tonking England so I could see why people pick them as well.
:)

Defo the Leicester vs South Africa game. Its great we, the rugby community, are still in touch with the roots of our sport. Baa baa games are also being given more priority these days. Good show by the IRB in that regard. The Ireland vs SA should get alot coverage being champs of the 2 hemispheres.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Sep 14 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Defo the Leicester vs South Africa game. Its great we, the rugby community, are still in touch with the roots of our sport. Baa baa games are also being given more priority these days. Good show by the IRB in that regard. The Ireland vs SA should get alot coverage being champs of the 2 hemispheres.[/b]

I'm looking forward to that game, should be a cracker. Then again, Ireland v New Zealand was meant to be last yer but that one was very dull <_<
Just hope we can see full strength teams this time unlike when Wales toured SA as 6N champions.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Sep 14 2009, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm looking forward to that game, should be a cracker. Then again, Ireland v New Zealand was meant to be last yer but that one was very dull <_<[/b]

In our defense we were coming off a real low. Eddie O'Sullivan had resigned and the team was pretty much all over the place. There was a chance we would have dropped to 9th in the world rankings just before the world cup draw so we werent really under any illusions. Was still a dreadful performance but not too surprising.

This time round were quite delusional in our outlook. Almost "Welsh" like. ;) (joke)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Sep 15 2009, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Sep 14 2009, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm looking forward to that game, should be a cracker. Then again, Ireland v New Zealand was meant to be last yer but that one was very dull <_<[/b]

In our defense we were coming off a real low. Eddie O'Sullivan had resigned and the team was pretty much all over the place. There was a chance we would have dropped to 9th in the world rankings just before the world cup draw so we werent really under any illusions. Was still a dreadful performance but not too surprising.

This time round were quite delusional in our outlook. Almost "Welsh" like. ;) (joke)
[/b][/quote]

Not to mention O'Connell getting injured and not having a replacement second row to cover for him.

Ireland. Purely because i know quite a few around the place in NZ and they are so unbearably cocky it boggles the mind. Always predicting that the Irish will completely thrash the ABs. even putting money on a Irish 12+ victory. It was freaking tourture when they actually started winning ****. Apparently NZ aren't playing Ireland these AIs because Graham Henry was right scared.

There aren't too many more satisfying things in this world then drinking a cold beer and watching weeks worth of trash talk stuffed back down irish throats Carter style.

As far as the actual rugby goes however, i prefer the Welsh. More exciting in the backs.

An Irishman talking UP Ireland!??!

Thats like the BBC being pessimistic about the English.

Very unusual.

Latest posts