Favourite Christmas song?

Discussion in 'The Clubhouse Bar' started by St Helens RLFC, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Well, what is it?

I'd go for Jonah Lewie - Stop the Cavalry or Mariah Carey's All I want for Christmas. You get spoilt for choice at this time of year though.

Unless you work in retail, when you'd bored of Christmas songs by the end of November!

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. melon

melon Guest

Anything Nat King Cole did in his christmas albums.

4. Hall

Hall Guest

Between three for me.

The Pogues - Fairytale of New York
    Frank Sinatra - Let It Snow
    Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmas Time

5. shtove

shtove Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Dec 3 2008, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    If you do work in retail, then you've gone insane by the end of November.

Favourite song - Winter Wonderland:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-3l-dm9K8Ms

6. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

I would have thought there's more than just annoying Christmas music at the wrong time of the year that would make you go crazy working in retail but there you go.

Anyway Fairytale in New York, Last Christmas and I wish it could be Christmas everyday. Bit sick of Slade by now, used to like that one but they did it to death one year, moreso than usual and that was it for me.

7. I've worked in retail twice, both Christmas jobs, and the music started in October.

8. RC

RC Guest

I ply my trade in retail and it is without a doubt the xmas music that drives me close to insanity.
    Everything else is good. The girls keep you sane, the friends you make help you through...

Xmas music however...

9. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Dec 4 2008, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    This.
    Your other two choices are pretty good aswell. And Last Christmas runs it close.

10. Cymro

Cymro Guest

Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas / Frank Sinatra's Let It Snow / Michael Buble Xmas Songs!

11. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

It changes all the time, you hear one that you haven't heard for ages and you think, yeah best of all time and then the next one comes on and you're thinking wait a second. I love Christmas and thank christ I don't work in retail.

12. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Oh political correctness has gone mad, just heard a cover of Fairytale of New York by Ronan Keating and instead of you scumbag, you maggot, you cheap lousy ******, they have you scumbag, you're cheap and you're haggard.

It makes me sick to see this type of pandering, thinking they're being politically correct, I think it was banned last year by the BBC and all sorts of gay groups came out saying it was complete nonsense, yet Keating the gimp sees fit to make the changes, gobshite.

13. Laetca

Laetca Guest

I don't have a preference, sometimes I like the weird Spanish songs that sound as if they're song by either very young or very castrated boys, sometimes I like the elegant thing the germans have going (very disturbingly, if you search for 'Oh Tannenbaum' on Youtube, the first result seems to be someone playing that song on a flute, using his ass) but usually the old songs (White Christmas by Bing Crosby in lead) and pop songs work fine for me :)

14. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

The new Wogan one.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/731rTEW_0Cc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>

Mostly because it'll really **** cowell off and get right up the noses of all those simple minded pillocks who watch the X-Factor.

15. Vambo

Vambo Guest

16. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 7 2008, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    ... :(

17. toxicfiend

toxicfiend Guest

Oi! to the world - The Vandals (song and album)

18. cyRil

cyRil Guest

19. toxicfiend

toxicfiend Guest

Run Rudolph Run - Chuck Berry

20. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 9 2008, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I hate that stupid gippo tongue that so-called 'comedians' stereotype Welsh accents with...
    I die a little inside whenever I hear that f**king TradecentreWales advertisement on the radio - 'TELL 'EM TREVVA SENT EWW!' - GOD! - just stick a knife in my ear and it'll be less painful! :(

21. cyRil

cyRil Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 9 2008, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I hate that stupid gippo tongue that so-called 'comedians' stereotype Welsh accents with...
    I die a little inside whenever I hear that f**king TradecentreWales advertisement on the radio - 'TELL 'EM TREVVA SENT EWW!' - GOD! - just stick a knife in my ear and it'll be less painful! :(
    [/b][/quote]
    'OWWW MAAAAAACH??!!!!!! :p

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!