• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Favourite Christmas song?

S

St Helens RLFC

Well, what is it?

I'd go for Jonah Lewie - Stop the Cavalry or Mariah Carey's All I want for Christmas. You get spoilt for choice at this time of year though.

Unless you work in retail, when you'd bored of Christmas songs by the end of November!

Between three for me.

The Pogues - Fairytale of New York
Frank Sinatra - Let It Snow
Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmas Time

I would have thought there's more than just annoying Christmas music at the wrong time of the year that would make you go crazy working in retail but there you go.

Anyway Fairytale in New York, Last Christmas and I wish it could be Christmas everyday. Bit sick of Slade by now, used to like that one but they did it to death one year, moreso than usual and that was it for me.

I've worked in retail twice, both Christmas jobs, and the music started in October.

I ply my trade in retail and it is without a doubt the xmas music that drives me close to insanity.
Everything else is good. The girls keep you sane, the friends you make help you through...

Xmas music however...

Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas / Frank Sinatra's Let It Snow / Michael Buble Xmas Songs!

It changes all the time, you hear one that you haven't heard for ages and you think, yeah best of all time and then the next one comes on and you're thinking wait a second. I love Christmas and thank christ I don't work in retail.

Oh political correctness has gone mad, just heard a cover of Fairytale of New York by Ronan Keating and instead of you scumbag, you maggot, you cheap lousy ******, they have you scumbag, you're cheap and you're haggard.

It makes me sick to see this type of pandering, thinking they're being politically correct, I think it was banned last year by the BBC and all sorts of gay groups came out saying it was complete nonsense, yet Keating the gimp sees fit to make the changes, gobshite.

I don't have a preference, sometimes I like the weird Spanish songs that sound as if they're song by either very young or very castrated boys, sometimes I like the elegant thing the germans have going (very disturbingly, if you search for 'Oh Tannenbaum' on Youtube, the first result seems to be someone playing that song on a flute, using his ass) but usually the old songs (White Christmas by Bing Crosby in lead) and pop songs work fine for me :)

The new Wogan one.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/731rTEW_0Cc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>

Mostly because it'll really **** cowell off and get right up the noses of all those simple minded pillocks who watch the X-Factor.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 9 2008, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Very rude, but very funny... This is what us Welsh offer as a Christmas song :p
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OF3K1Q7oHxo[/b]
I hate that stupid gippo tongue that so-called 'comedians' stereotype Welsh accents with...
I die a little inside whenever I hear that f**king TradecentreWales advertisement on the radio - 'TELL 'EM TREVVA SENT EWW!' - GOD! - just stick a knife in my ear and it'll be less painful! :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 9 2008, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 9 2008, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very rude, but very funny... This is what us Welsh offer as a Christmas song :p
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OF3K1Q7oHxo[/b]
I hate that stupid gippo tongue that so-called 'comedians' stereotype Welsh accents with...
I die a little inside whenever I hear that f**king TradecentreWales advertisement on the radio - 'TELL 'EM TREVVA SENT EWW!' - GOD! - just stick a knife in my ear and it'll be less painful! :(
[/b][/quote]
'OWWW MAAAAAACH??!!!!!! :p

Latest posts