• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

February games: Racing v Highlanders - Toulon v Sharks

Yet people were claiming that the postponed European games could not be played due to fixture congestion!!!

Amazing what money can fix!!!

The weekend of 19th March will now be when DAY 13 of the TOP 14 will be played, originally was to be played on the weekend of Jan 9th but that is now the weekend for the postponed Euro games cancelled because of the Paris terrorist attacks. This is the weekend of France v England so the teams supplying the majority of the French players for this 6 Nations game are going to be real happy bunnies.

- - - Updated - - -

Racing will play Highlanders on February 6 in Hong Kong.

Toulon are playing the Sharks at home on February 5.

http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/le-ra...iglanders-le-6-fevrier_sto5020705/story.shtml

these games are being played on a 6 Nations weekend (the first) so the French teams will not be their full strength teams.

these games are being played on a 6 Nations weekend (the first) so the French teams will not be their full strength teams.

I do not think it was ever going to be all of their top players involved in these fixtures!!

The weekend of 19th March will now be when DAY 13 of the TOP 14 will be played, originally was to be played on the weekend of Jan 9th but that is now the weekend for the postponed Euro games cancelled because of the Paris terrorist attacks. This is the weekend of France v England so the teams supplying the majority of the French players for this 6 Nations game are going to be real happy bunnies.

Methinks it's the French team under Noves that won't be at full strength Gaston. The clubs are not going to play ball with him.

Methinks it's the French team under Noves that won't be at full strength Gaston. The clubs are not going to play ball with him.

They have no choice. It is an international window.

Frankly it would be ridiculous if the French national team suffered due to a club exhibition match.

We're long past ridicule - that was last October. Pathetic is just round the corner.

Do you think the clubs give 2 hoots.

Noves is in for a nightmare.

They have no choice. It is an international window.

Frankly it would be ridiculous if the French national team suffered due to a club exhibition match.

Its not a club exibition match, its the weekend of Top 14 day 13 (jan 9th) which has been cancelled, the Euro matches cancelled because of the Paris terrorist attacks, are now being played on the Jan 9th. the rescheduled TOP 14 games from Day 13 (jan9th) are now being played on March 19th so all payers will be available as its an International window for the 6 Nations. hope this clears up any misunderstandings.

Last edited:
No problem Gaston, thanks for clarifying the dates. Makes no difference to my point about Noves though.

No problem Gaston, thanks for clarifying the dates. Makes no difference to my point about Noves though.

I cant see where you are going with the Noves thing, in the International windows he will be able to pick who he wants as the clubs will make their players available and also i think he may get more from the clubs, PSA did not for obvious reasons. Already it has been stated that the 2 semi finalists will not have players taken from them for the Argentinian tour, but in my eyes that is normal. One difference maybe next season less double fixtures during the 6 Nations, this year it was loused up by the terrorist attacks in Paris, giving us a further problem on the 19th March when the cancelled Day 13 fixtures will be played.

I cant see where you are going with the Noves thing, in the International windows he will be able to pick who he wants as the clubs will make their players available and also i think he may get more from the clubs, PSA did not for obvious reasons.
I know that. That's the theory. In practice it'll be a different story. I don't believe the clubs will accommodate the man. Some of the clubs will only be too happy to give him a taste of his own medicine. He was not easy to deal with when he was at Toulouse. People will remember. He has fueled more than any other coach the club country feud and it's going to bite him in the arse. This is what he used to say about les bleus http://sport24.lefigaro.fr/le-scan-sport/buzz/2015/05/31/27002-20150531ARTFIG00131-quand-guy-noves-pestait-contre-le-xv-de-france.php

Also, nothing has changed at the union. Same shower of cockroaches clinging to power. That won't go unnoticed with the clubs. They bent backwards for 4 yrs. Why would they continue when the union has nothing to show and the same arseholes are in power.
Camous who is 70!! is going for a 3rd mandate in 2016 when he should have retired long ago or resigned after the WC. What a creepshow.

The same causes will produce same effects - with or without Noves. He is just another union recruitment mistake like his 2 predecessors

Last edited:
The same causes will produce same effects - with or without Noves. He is just another union recruitment mistake like his 2 predecessors

To be fair I think Noves deserves his shot. For all his hypocrisy, he is Frances most successful coach. It may rejuvenate him.

To be fair, Nick, FF appears to be close to ST so would probably accept what he says about them. Noves was certainly at the forefront of club v country, the clubs are no nearer to resolving that impasse with the LNR which must be idiots as you can see by Blanco's continuing interference!

Noves has not had real success on the pitch for some years and one has to wonder if he has got to grips with the changes? That said, ST's academy continues to produce talent and that must be down to him!

Time and selections will show whether he will reap what he sowed or he gets the clubs' support and then results will show if he has re-found his winning habit!!

To be fair I think Noves deserves his shot. For all his hypocrisy, he is Frances most successful coach. It may rejuvenate him.

Sure he'll have a shot. His boat sails 8 yrs ago but never mind. He'll be firing blank all the way don't know if that'll rejuvenate him.

before any judgement on Noves, or about the zombies takin care of french rugby, lets face the reality.
Our players, young players, and comfirmed players are just not good enough. The generation we play with for now 5-6 years and the one coming is just short in talent.
So, even with the best coach on earth, hard to get results with a majority of ultraoverrated players.

before any judgement on Noves, or about the zombies takin care of french rugby, lets face the reality.
Our players, young players, and comfirmed players are just not good enough. The generation we play with for now 5-6 years and the one coming is just short in talent.
So, even with the best coach on earth, hard to get results with a majority of ultraoverrated players.

It's not that bad in terms of younger generations. The issue is not really here. Don't forget SF won the league with a nucleus of young French players from their academy (Plisson Slimani Sempéré Camara Burban Arias Sinzelle).

Toulouse has a younger generation coming thru now. A solid group of 10 kids playing first team some of them will blossom. Our best forward is 21 yo Camara. Best back Fickou 21.

Clermont have also fielded some exciting youngsters since the start of the season. Bordeaux as well.

The real issues Noves is facing are not those kids. They're with his own employer and the kids employers...

Last edited:
38-45 to Racing in a superb game according to my HK sources!!

38-45 to Racing in a superb game according to my HK sources!!

NH 1 v SH 1 after the Toulon Sharks game - heard the Racing game was very open running rugby. Playing S15 franchises is the way forward for French clubs. And promoting rugby in HK is good business as well...

7 tries for Racing 92: Chauveau (17, 48), F. van der Merwe (27e), Andreu (45e), Claassen (54e), Goosen (64e), Masoe (78e).

Last edited:
Highlanders v Racing

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts