Female Ref's

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by bristol-iain, Mar 6, 2010.

1. bristol-iain

bristol-iain Guest

Today Havant vs North Walsham was refereed by a woman and it got me wondering what you lot make of it.

She was OK, had a good first half but struggled to contain the players as it got a bit agressive towards the end.

Is there a place in Mens rugby for female officails?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Olyy

Olyy Guest

I can't see why not.
    If they can do the job, they can do the job. The only thing is, if they'd feel intimidated by agressive players. This shouldn't happen happen, but tempers could fly and all that, but i suppose male refs could be intimidated as well.

4. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

My old team once had a female ref. and she was hot. And she went for a shower with the teams after the match.

True story.

5. jawmalawm24

jawmalawm24 Guest

I remember seeing on our News about a year ago some 17 year old girl reffing a club match and nobody was worried about it. I think it's good but it'll be a bit of a distraction if she was hot because the players would be too busy staring at the ref instead of playing Rugby.

6. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Mar 7 2010, 04:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Never stopped Gareth Thomas.

Was that in bad taste? Wasn't really sure about that one, out on a limb a bit. Actually now that I think of it it's a good point so STFU.

7. King_D'Arcy

King_D'Arcy Guest

Of course women shouldn't ref games. It's too much responsibility for their brains to handle. If they find themselves attracted to a player they'll be overrun by their natural lady instinct to get his attention. And what if there's another woman in the crowd with a pair of shoes she likes? This could also be distracting for a woman.
    Also any game past 4 are out of the question because that's when dinner is made. Women will be too busy with their responsibilities in the kitchen to worry about rugby.
    It's alright girls. You go knit scarves and buy dresses. Us men will worry about all the nasty refereeing...

8. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

I sense an angry letter from Guardian readers about that post already...

9. Fa'atau82

Fa'atau82 Guest

I think, it'd be ok. You'd have to have some pretty mean women though.

10. King_D'Arcy

King_D'Arcy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Mar 7 2010, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I feel I should say that the post was a joke before people actually do start complaining...

11. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

I reckon about half of all topics on this site descend to pointless humour before the second page these days. Makes me so happy.

12. Olyy

Olyy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Mar 7 2010, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I feel I should say that the post was a joke before people actually do start complaining...
    [/b][/quote]

Dear King D'arcy,
    You suck, you sexist pig-dog

Signed,
    Angry in Mid-Wales

13. King_D'Arcy

King_D'Arcy Guest

yeah but this topic was kinda asking for it from the start...

14. gingergenius

gingergenius Guest

Just in case you didn't know, this is what a female referee looks like:

[​IMG]

15. monkeypigeon

monkeypigeon Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Mar 7 2010, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I'd only be worried about their time management. They're not used to managing clocks unless they're on an oven.

16. fcukernaut

fcukernaut Guest

I would like to say I've had extensive experience with women referees, lets just say every single match was horribly refereed and one ended in a brawl. I wish I were kidding or exaggerating here but after about 10 games all by different women which were terribly officiated I can say that I wholly disapprove of women refing. In but one case the physical confrontations escalated to the point where a yellow should have been offered. In that one case the ref was a jacked black woman who played for the national team.

17. shtove

shtove Guest

My aunt was the first female to ref a male rugby match in Ireland. Or something like that. She now breeds horses.

18. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Mar 7 2010, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    agreed

19. RC

RC Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Mar 7 2010, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Not sure what to make of that. Soooo...they shouldnt ref matches?

20. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Mar 8 2010, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Not sure what to make of that. Soooo...they shouldnt ref matches?
    [/b][/quote]
    Not while breeding horses. One thing at at time.

21. RC

RC Guest

:lol:

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!