• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ferris injured aswell

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jun 9 2009, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
that's Croft for the tests then.[/b]

Probably, but I'm starting to wonder if Jiffy's prediction of Jones being in the Test team will be right. I think he predicted Hook would be called up too.

Poor ******* was gonna be the player of the tour (maybe). Ah well, at least hes only 23.

Ill go cry into my sausage & mash now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bumbadum @ Jun 9 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Poor ******* was gonna be the player of the tour (maybe). Ah well, at least hes only 23.

Ill go cry into my sausage & mash now.[/b]

Ah he's still young, and on this rate he's got plenty of Tours ahead of him. glad Ryan Jones is there, just wish it was for a back rower who's not playing fantasticly :( (aka Worsley)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jun 9 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bumbadum @ Jun 9 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah he's still young, and on this rate he's got plenty of Tours ahead of him. glad Ryan Jones is there, just wish it was for a back rower who's not playing fantasticly :( (aka Worsley)
[/b][/quote]

you'd have thought the same with Miller in 97.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jun 9 2009, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jun 9 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I;m guessing this is self-explanatory why I have no idea who Miller is?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jun 9 2009, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jun 9 2009, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jun 9 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Irish backrow picked to tour in 97, was gonna be in the test team but got injured, think he was a sub only in the final test but people at the time would have assumed he'd have 2 more tours ahead of him but persistent injuries denied him the chance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jun 9 2009, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

A young'n are ye? Eric Miller played only a few times for Ireland before the 97 Lions tour and was the youngest player on the tour. He was the great Irish hope but he never darkened the selectors doors again after 97, even though he played for Ireland right up to...I think 2004 or something and hes still only 33.

Im no gaelic fan but I heard thats what hes up to thesedays.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bumbadum @ Jun 9 2009, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jun 9 2009, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

A young'n are ye? Eric Miller played only a few times for Ireland before the 97 Lions tour and was the youngest player on the tour. He was the great Irish hope but he never darkened the selectors doors again after 97, even though he played for Ireland right up to...I think 2004 or something and hes still only 33.

[/b][/quote]

I think his lasy match was against Japan on some autumn tour or somesuch. He retired at 30 I think...was that down to injury or somesuch?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jun 9 2009, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ryan Jones to storm the 09 Lions Tour like he did 05 ...[/b]

slight difference though with his form of 09 and 05, he never should have been left out in 2005, much more debateable this time round.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jun 9 2009, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bumbadum @ Jun 9 2009, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jun 9 2009, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I think his lasy match was against Japan on some autumn tour or somesuch. He retired at 30 I think...was that down to injury or somesuch?
[/b][/quote]

Had to look it up, seems his last game was indeed against Japan and was in June of 05, which I must admit, is much later than I thought, I reckoned it was somewhere nearer the start of 04. Anyway he retired in Jan of 06, which would have made him 30.

HUGE blow. Not convinced by Croft yet, I don't think he has the aggression to show the SA back row who is boss, unlike Ferris who tries to put someone in the hospital with every tackle he makes (within the rules of course). I just don't see Croft as a 110% body on the line type of player, which is what the Coaches and O'Connell will demand.

Jones is playing terribly, Leamy is playing averagely, call me crazy but I would have called up Jordan Crane, he is the type of player you need IMO.

Why are you bashing Croft, if anything he's been one of the best players on the tour so far.

Covers more than 1 position - check
Score tries - check
Pace - check
Line-out jumper - check

Stop complaining about perfectly good players.

Also, Ryan Jones is a more than suitable call up. He does a lot of good work on the deck that I feel largely goes unnoticed.
I think maybe one more injury and we'll start to see some Scottish faces popping up...hopefully. Or more f***ing....rest of the UK players.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jun 9 2009, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
HUGE blow. Not convinced by Croft yet, I don't think he has the aggression to show the SA back row who is boss, unlike Ferris who tries to put someone in the hospital with every tackle he makes (within the rules of course). I just don't see Croft as a 110% body on the line type of player, which is what the Coaches and O'Connell will demand.

Jones is playing terribly, Leamy is playing averagely, call me crazy but I would have called up Jordan Crane, he is the type of player you need IMO.[/b]

yeah but would he have been fit enough after the injury he picked up in the HEC final?