• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ferris injured aswell

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Jun 10 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why are you bashing Croft, if anything he's been one of the best players on the tour so far.[/b]
True. But Ferris has the crunch that you need against the Saffers.

It's only a scan - don't panic.

Losing Ferris is a bigger blow than gaining Jones (if that makes sense).

Very few possibilities other than Jones atm. Strokosch is injured.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Jun 9 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why are you bashing Croft, if anything he's been one of the best players on the tour so far.

Covers more than 1 position - check
Score tries - check
Pace - check
Line-out jumper - check

Stop complaining about perfectly good players.[/b]

Croft had one decent game against the French and suddenly he's the dog ********, he hasn't proven himself yet, one performance against the Golden Lions is hardly anything to write home about given the effort they put in. The most important box you've forgotten to check is his work on the deck.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jun 9 2009, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Jun 10 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why are you bashing Croft, if anything he's been one of the best players on the tour so far.[/b]
True. But Ferris has the crunch that you need against the Saffers.

It's only a scan - don't panic.
[/b][/quote]

No he's gone, Jones has been called up.

I wish Strok wasn't injured :(

In case you forgot, he wasn't called up in the first round of players, and maybe he doesn't have many international credentials but he did a lot of good work in GP and in the 6N and I think that earned him enough brownie points.

He wasn't called up because he deserved to be called up, he was called up because he filled the gloves of Alan Quinlans...wandering hands.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jun 9 2009, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Jones is playing terribly, Leamy is playing averagely, call me crazy but I would have called up Jordan Crane, he is the type of player you need IMO.[/b]

Thank God your not the coach then!

Jones has played very well in recent games and has lead Wales from the front. So I don't know how you came to you conclusion that he's playing terribly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jun 10 2009, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No he's gone, Jones has been called up.[/b]
Begins with b ...
k1500962.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jun 9 2009, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ryan Jones to storm the 09 Lions Tour like he did 05 ...[/b]
We got hammered in 05 didnt we? hardly a glowing reference ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Jun 9 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why are you bashing Croft, if anything he's been one of the best players on the tour so far.
Stop complaining about perfectly good players.[/b]
Based on one performance against a team that didnt tackle, and didnt compete physically. No one is complaining, but he hasnt been tested yet. There is a question mark over his ability to do the dog work expected of a 6, but then again Heaslip is excellent at the breakdown and Wallace aint bad either. They could but shouldnt have to compensate.

Worst case scenario, Wallace at 6 and Williams at 7...not so much a worst case scenario I guess.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jun 10 2009, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jun 9 2009, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jones is playing terribly, Leamy is playing averagely, call me crazy but I would have called up Jordan Crane, he is the type of player you need IMO.[/b]

Jones has played very well in recent games and has lead Wales from the front. So I don't know how you came to you conclusion that he's playing terribly.
[/b][/quote]
Warburton came on for him on the weekend and performed better than he had.
Against Canada he was also pretty suspect in leadership.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Jun 10 2009, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jun 9 2009, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
Wait but...
No, I'm not going to give you the satisfaction. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jun 10 2009, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jun 10 2009, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jun 9 2009, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Warburton came on for him on the weekend and performed better than he had.
Against Canada he was also pretty suspect in leadership.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Jun 10 2009, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jun 9 2009, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
Wait but...
No, I'm not going to give you the satisfaction. :p
[/b][/quote]

Jones only played for 18 mins before he got his injury. Against Canada he did the sensible thing of going to the post after a failure of scrummages, any decent test referee would have awarded Wales a penalty try. Warburton did play well but pretty most everyone I spoke to about the tour agreed that Jones had played well.

Jesus weve had this debate for the last 3-4 months. Jones is not the player he was last year, he hasnt been so far but has shown the ability to be that player. Anyone saying he still is is blind, anyone saying he's finished is equally blind. Similar to S Williams, we know he can play better, now he has to show he can.

How many chances will he get though? Probably needs another injury to really become a contender for either of the first two tests.

Gotta point out here that i'm pretty unimpressed with the English media over those people leaving the Lions tour.

Leigh Halfpenny gets the main sports (not rugby union) headlines and an article dedicated to him in both the BBC and the Times, detailing not only his injury, but discussing at length his merits as a player, his great season (including a run-down of expliots for both Wales and Cardiff), his reaction to being picked for the tour, his big future and how much of a shame it is that he has to go home. Also including lengthy quotes from the Lions management about the issue.

Ferris managed to get a mention as a footnote in articles describing nothing to do with the above, but to discuss the relative merits of Ryan Jones (BBC) and Tom Croft (Times). Neither of which included any background info on Ferris (about, say, his significant role in Irelands grand slam) and no quotes from the Lions management (or from anyone else).

Don't get me wrong, i've nothing against Halfpenny and i'm as sorry to see him go as the next non-Welsh Lions fan, and i also apologise for continually spouting about Mr Ferris (Ulster has a player of this standard once a decade at best, so spout I shall), but seriously, wtf.

Journalistic standards are pathetic right across the board and sadly rugby is no exception. You only have to look at what that twat Jones is spouting now, prior to the tour he was calling for him to be skipper, gets his way or so he'd have you believe and now he thinks he's not up to taking on Matfield and Botha.

Ferris is a huge loss but it's hardly surprising to see no big deal being made of it as English bias deludedly has Croft ahead in the pecking order so there's nothing to worry about.

lol.

It's so funny how Stephen Jones thinks that Sheridan is a "MUCH MORE POWERFUL" scrummager than Jenkins and that it is tight...

Jenkins is so far ahead it's not funny. I'd say he's more cemented than any other squad player.

If it's true. He will be missed off the field, he is definitely a character. I don't think he has any realistic test chances though.

Jordan Crane is the man. He played for England recently right so he isn't injured? Fly him over!