• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FIFA 07 Info & Vids...

In more important news - is there going to be another Non-PSP This is Football/World Tour Soccer game?

I spent countless hours on TIF 2003... and I got TIF 2005 cheap awhile ago and am loving it even more.

Games Radar has a 'hands on' preview fifa 07 for the ps2 here. (N.B. The preview has two pages)

Also at Game Trailers website, they have got two trailers of Fifa 07, one is the intro & the other is mixed gameplay footage.

Go here to see the trailers.

Sorry to double post, but there is another new trailer on gametrailers site here (Its the top trailer that is the latest edition)

The new skill moves looks awesome, Can't wait till September!

Those videos make me glad to be a PES 'fanboi' or whatever.

The animations look so clunky, and I can imagine a lot of similar problems to those in Rugby 2006 arising because of it. For example, having to time movements to fit in with animation schedules rather than beat an opponent, either the AI or human players online.

The ball looks so heavy. In PES the ball pings around and cannons off players as a real ball actually does; here it seems glued to a player's feet, and when passing they might as well be using a 60 year old dripping wet leather thing.

The tackle system looks awful, almost uncontrolable. From those videos it almost looks as though you have to emply a slide tackle (which is rubbish) or there is virtually no way of winning the ball back.

As for officially licensed teams - woopee: download one patch or mod for PES and I'm good to go.

The only thing I can see which looks/sounds better is the commentary, which isn't difficult. That's one thing that has been turned off for a long time in PES.

nah you dont have to slide tackle... in previous games 06 for example you could just press R2 or O on the playstation controller and rip the ball out without sliding.. but still everynow and then you will get a penatly for it which was good to see

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Aug 14 2006, 09:47 PM
Those videos make me glad to be a PES 'fanboi' or whatever.

The animations look so clunky, and I can imagine a lot of similar problems to those in Rugby 2006 arising because of it. For example, having to time movements to fit in with animation schedules rather than beat an opponent, either the AI or human players online.

The ball looks so heavy. In PES the ball pings around and cannons off players as a real ball actually does; here it seems glued to a player's feet, and when passing they might as well be using a 60 year old dripping wet leather thing.

The tackle system looks awful, almost uncontrolable. From those videos it almost looks as though you have to emply a slide tackle (which is rubbish) or there is virtually no way of winning the ball back.

As for officially licensed teams - woopee: download one patch or mod for PES and I'm good to go.

The only thing I can see which looks/sounds better is the commentary, which isn't difficult. That's one thing that has been turned off for a long time in PES.
It is the ball physics that sets PES apart from FIFA

Liscenses dont bother me........in fact the only one that counts for me is the FFA, and Konami has that now aswell, anyways - Thus FIFA's market hold in Oz may change direction

However there is no doubt i will be spending about 3 hours in editor mode in PES.......its worth the wait, and once complete just an annual upload of option file and PES is already legit.

For someone who has just been exposed to PES5, can you shed some light on the editing you'll do (PM is acceptable if you don't want to tell everyone as well) ;)

Originally posted by dobrien7@Aug 15 2006, 05:59 PM
For someone who has just been exposed to PES5, can you shed some light on the editing you'll do (PM is acceptable if you don't want to tell everyone as well) ;)
Go to PESinsight.com

they have all the real names of players, teams & stadia that are fake in the game

print them out, and then go to editor mode and get editing

u cant change the jerseys - although on PC i am sure u can get a patch

I change all the dodgy names to the real ones - for example the whole netherlands team is fake - start with them i guess.

U can also hcnage the names of the leagues - so u can have the EPL, etc

Those 2 WEFA leagues during the season are UEFA and Champions aswell i believe from memory.

The whole game flips on you once done.....its awesome as it is out of the box......once edited, it can mother your children

ha ha ha, fifa is the fanboi game, its a pile of turd, which plays like the matrix. the abll control is clumsy and the shots are prefixed, complete tripe, give me ryan greggs and a quality footie game any day.

Originally posted by scot@Aug 16 2006, 06:13 AM
any word if there are any A-league teams or australian stadia in this version?
There won't be any stadia and the league is unlikely. One or two teams in the "rest of the world" section would be the best bet.

Originally posted by scot@Aug 16 2006, 05:13 PM
any word if there are any A-league teams or australian stadia in this version?
Scot

Forget this version

You want PES6

Has Official Socceroos

FFA liscense and all - if any game is going to have the A-League - its PES - but i reckon a few years time though

Especially after last night shocker against Kuwait............A league qulaity is shite and that Socceroos outfit was unrecogniseable...........seen better soccer at the local park

Telstra Stadium should be in every sports game in the world - its an Olympic Mother

Latest posts