• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fifa 11

hate how my career mode wont boot up the match, just says warming up. What a piece of poopoo. Online is sick but people keep quitting. Technically have not lost due to quitters and ending matches as draws if people are better HAHA

Well after my PS3 returned from the repairers I finally hired this game out.

I used the online pass as well...all the people who hired to game had not gone online yet lol!

Read a lot about how crappy this game is...but IMO it is the best thing regarding a sim.

I play full manual (yes even my GK is manual) so have not noticed the flaws in the game....I suspect the flaws in the game that people talk about are when the assisted controls do not work the way they did in previous versions. When things don't go my way it is all me to blame not the game.

I have to say I REALLY like this game more than any of the other versions...really love coop view fully zoomed out and lowered on my 55inch screen. Can see so much. This is also the first sports game where I actually enjoy playing the computer.

Have got a lot to learn being a manual player....but I am gonna try and stick at it cos the way I played when assisted was like the same way every game. Sometimes it felt like I wasn't even playing...just going through the motions repeating myself.

I'm comfortable with the things I have assisted, I don't have the patience to learn full manual and if I did I don't think I'd use it online.

But good luck to you man, you played good last night for being new to manual play, your passing game was pretty good and I see how passing into space can be beneficial in certain situations.

It's great that assisted players aren't superior to any other type of control scheme, in fact as you know those who get good at full manual controls will usually be much better at the game than assited players, EA did real well in balancing the control schemes out in this one.

Yeah bro manual looks like one of those long projects that take ages to master....and the thing is when I start to get the hang of it then Fifa 12 will come out lol!

All the manual passes have different response times which makes it complicated. They also power up differently. Then you take into consideration the player with the ball, the direction he is facing, whether you have any other shoulder buttons held down. All these things affect the pass.

I rehired the game for a week...then I am gonna but it in ten days.

Meant to play Craig last night...but I got scared and kept disconnecting my ps3 haha!

Had a few more games last night with Rad...hes killing me though I actually scored lol! This full manual is tough BUT it is a great buzz....full control...you pass where you plan to and if you lose it then its your own fault from lack of skill.

Want to really get my skills up with manual over the next 6 months so I can play manual for each new version. This means with each new game MY way of playing does not change much...as opposed to assisted players who have to adapt to each version and how its idea of assistance plays out. I also like the "beauty" of manual play...passes look more realistic as you cab direct them away from opposing players who are standing in the way of your receiver.

Damn come home and my brothers on the game. Have to wait.

Hey GG,

I hit you up for a game a couple of times. Did you receive invites? PSN ID "COOLCORN"

I've got this on the PS3, time to get involved with you guys.

Verminator84

Cool!, I'll add you guys. Might be enough to start a comp soon.:)

Im dominating this on x360<O:p</O:p
About 2,000 online pts<O:p</O:p
70 matches<O:p</O:p
40 wins
<O:p</O:p16 losses<O:p</O:p
14draw<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
I cant stop playing it, its by far the best fifa ever

Dan - I just moved the x360 into the living room Saturday
<O:p</O:pSo I am on most nights now, when my GF falls asleep early<O:p</O:p
Its gold, I smashed another 10 games last night, and don't need the headphones anymore
I am ready!!<O:p</O:p

Played The Bokke the other day and he killed me.

I am now gonna try doing full assisted in the second half.....full manual is too hard to put the ball into the net. The Bokke was a bit shocked when I bombed a header right in front of his goal...unmarked and no goalie. On full manual a slight slip in you aim and the shot goes wide of the post....too sure of your aim and it goes straight to the keeper.

Anyway....people are now a bit confused when they play me with manual in the first half and assisted in the second. Its like two different players...first half cautious and prodding away getting nowhere...then second half cautiousness goes out the door and it is all attack....weird lol!

Great to see you are enjoying this game gun guy.

Ha ha, that will be my housemate, I've not signed on for about a week. This will happen. Make it so! I'm off work after tomorrow for 4 days.

havnt yet ventured into this game, and it hurst every time i see people on it. I havnt been able to play much for a while now and the next few weeks are going to be busy as well. Oh well I will ahve to just play GT5 and TW11 and wait for fifa12

The Career mode is damn awesome too. Been playing as a player, he's about to be made captain and then it's just a few more phases before he ends up Player/Manager. I'm looking forward to that. Really has been a great career for my player so far, I'm raising his abilities slowly but surely. I think they start ranked around 67 overall. I've got him upto 76 on my accomplishments although it displays as 81 on my Virtual Pro online stats.

Added a few manual players....had a game against one of them and he taught me a thing or two. Damn guy was from Australia lol!

Latest posts