TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
Last edited:
Why didn't Triesman blow the whistle at the time these allegations took place?

I believe that he was hoping England would get through with a successful bid and if they had I can't imagine these issues would've come out. Yes, it might be somewhat sour grapes now, but they could quite possibly also be very real, credible and for that matter edible grapes.

My own view is that Fifa has been like this for a long time, my only real reason for saying so is that there seems to be a history of very odd decisions now.

Fifa needs some major measures in place to ensure that this kind of thing doesn't happen. Still, can't see that as happening either when so many decision makers probably don't want to have evidence come out of their hands in the cookie jar.

What's the news? I've been saying for years that FIFA runs itself like a small African country. Does it really need the darling FA to have it's little bid rejected for the rest of the world to remove the blinkers?

What's the news? I've been saying for years that FIFA runs itself like a small African country. Does it really need the darling FA to have it's little bid rejected for the rest of the world to remove the blinkers?

Probably, the FA is in charge of one of the best leagues in the World so must have been a shock for some to find that England did not win the bid.

Well, let's use logic. Let's look at the structure of football, beginning with individuals:

- Fans: Cannot be trusted to sit next to one another at games. Require massive police presence outside ground.
- Players: Exhibit shocking behaviour on the pitch with cheating and disrespect rife. Off the pitch behave like egotistical wankers. Loyalty not a common trait.
- Managers: Complain whenever things don't go their way. Lie, like players do, about their own/ their players' future. Involve themselves in minor corruption (Redknapp, etc.). Throw their toys out of their prams when found out (Redknapp, Ferguson etc.).
- Boardroom: Take home massive salaries when their club is still in administration. Buy clubs as status symbols and try to run them themselves. Continue raising ticket prices for fans bound to them by loyalty (a trait in football only ever seen amongst fans, ironically). Many owners etc. have come by their vast fortunes amorally, even if you discount the fact that an individual having that much money is amoral anyway.

Now, on to clubs:
- Complete failure to take action against their own - from sorting out racist or abusive fans, to controlling players.
- Attempts to get around loopholes in transfer laws, tapping up players or poaching youngsters from smaller clubs with very little financial reimbursement.
- Standing for certain viewpoints that incite violence amongst their fans - see Glasgow etc.

and national associations:

- Old boy's clubs consisting of people who are very highly paid for doing **** all
- Responsible for organising friendly fixtures which make international football incredibly dull outside of Major Championships
- Responsible for fining players more for individual minor discretions than a whole club gets for racist fans (see Spanish, Italian FAs).

Continental associations (eg. UEFA)
- Old boy's club
- Again, disproportionate fining of clubs with racist fans.

FIFA
- we know the deal now. Old boy's club, senior members made up of people who make Silvio Berlusconi look good.
- complete and utter failure to address any of the faults of football - FIFA exists purely to make more and more money and watch the pockets of its executives deepen. It is a highly successful company responsible for running the business of football. Far from a 'governing body'.

Probably, the FA is in charge of one of the best leagues in the World so must have been a shock for some to find that England did not win the bid.

No it's not. The Premier League and the FA are separate entities. Hence the Premier League playing a round of games on FA cup weekend and that sort of thing. They get on notoriously badly.

The FA cup being early is due to Wembley hosting the CL final. Next year is due to the Olympics.

Latest posts