TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_48690287_footy_afp.jpg

An investigation has been launched into allegations that North Korea punished some players and the coach after its team lost all their World Cup matches.

World football's governing body, Fifa, says it is looking into claims made by Radio Free Asia last month that the squad was publicly humiliated and coach Kim Jong-hun sentenced to hard labour.

Fifa's president said a letter had been sent to North Korea's footballing body.

North Korea lost to Brazil, Portugal and Ivory Coast at the World Cup.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-10935521

And the article from Radio Free Asia: http://www.rfa.org/english/news/korea/worldcup-07282010173446.html

Crazy,
People were joking during the WC that if they didn't wink they'd be sent to the work camps etc. but to think stuff like that actually (allegedly) happens there, it's just mad.

I actually thought North Korea were brilliant against Brazil.

I actually thought North Korea were brilliant against Brazil.

They were, the pic of their striker crying at the asnthem is one of the images of the tournament.

Everyones jokes and sarcastic comments about the N.Korea hierarchy have allegedley come true.

They were, the pic of their striker crying at the asnthem is one of the images of the tournament.

Everyones jokes and sarcastic comments about the N.Korea hierarchy have allegedley come true.

I believe i told the story of the guys who ran away from training camp after their loss to brazil seeking asylum...nobody listned...im like peter griffin..with his volcanoe insurance... :p i was right all along haha

I believe i told the story of the guys who ran away from training camp after their loss to brazil seeking asylum...nobody listned...im like peter griffin..with his volcanoe insurance... :p i was right all along haha

As far as I am aware, those who 'ran' were all the foreign based players, and were thus allowed to 'leave'

During the world cup we'd joke that the players were playing for their lives... It's a bit of a disreace that being the best at football in North Korea can be a death sentence

Latest posts