fiji vs ireland

K

kinkon89

wooooooooohooooooooo

fiji 30 - ireland 14

close first half...but fiji too good in the end

GO FIJI GO

VINAKA VAKA LEVU RA CARAVOU. :cheers:

WELL DONE IRELAND! :bravo: showed a lot of heart, putting up a good fight till the end.

Congratz Fiji, their rugby was really great, just the way I like it.
Well done Ireland, but this Fiji was hard to take down.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Nov 11 2008, 03:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well done Ireland, but this Fiji was hard to take down.[/b]

bula mongoose and kinkon89
Was wondering, what is the reaction like in fiji after qualifying for the Semi Finals. Is it being taken seriously considering Union and 7s is the national game over there?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ws4life @ Nov 10 2008, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Nov 11 2008, 03:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well done Ireland, but this Fiji was hard to take down.[/b]

bula mongoose and kinkon89
Was wondering, what is the reaction like in fiji after qualifying for the Semi Finals. Is it being taken seriously considering Union and 7s is the national game over there?
[/b][/quote]

answer: YES it is being taken seriously

Bro, you know how it's like in the islands, everyone will support which ever of our national team is doing well. If Fiji had a soccer, hockey or volleyball team doing this well, the entire nation will also get behind them. I heard the commentators saying the Fiji Government will pump more money into the development of League into schools etc, I think the Bati deserve it.

In Fiji there is no beef between League and Union, I do think League gets the cold shoulder a lot from our Government and sponsorship etc due to the popularity of Union, but the 2 codes in terms of admin/fans/players seem to get along.To be honest most Fijian locals hear about the rivalry between the codes outside Fiji and they just laugh. Players at every level jump from one code to another, you'll find some club players playing union this week and League 2 weeks from now.

Fans are proud of the team and what they have achieved so far, and it will bring interest to the sport in the local club competition and school League competition.

re: Rugby 7s/15s being the national sport
let me just put it this way, if Fiji was dominant in League like we have been in the past in 7s, you'll find a shift in support towards League. It's 15s rugby that is hard to break, fans I've seen in the past have fallen out of love with 7s, but, never 15s...I've noticed that many outside Fiji think 7s is our biggest sport, the truth is it isn't, it only gets support because they are the only one's winning tournaments on an international stage....so there is room for League.

Fiji is really an all-rounder at Rugby.. what a great year for Fiji Rugby! Hopefully some joy in the 7's World Cup will follow.. they seem to have the golden touch at the moment, semi's in 15's semi's in League.. and i'm sure they will match that in 7's.

Really, really good game. The best team won in the end but it was competetive right until that time Ireland had 25 consecutive tackles on their own line. Far better teams than Ireland can't cope with that?

It's another positive for the tournament that Fiji have reached the semis.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mongoose @ Nov 11 2008, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
VINAKA VAKA LEVU RA CARAVOU. :cheers:

WELL DONE IRELAND! :bravo: showed a lot of heart, putting up a good fight till the end.[/b]

lol

THASS HOW WE DO PLAAAYAA!!!

They just broadcasted the highlights again, awesome game by Fiji.
Looking forward to the game tomorrow.