• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Finch off to Eels

M

Mehrtsisagod

Finch off to Eels
Jul 21, 2006

Former NSW Origin halfback Brett Finch will leave Sydney Roosters to link up with Parramatta next season after agreeing to a two-year deal with the Eels.

The move comes after Finch had been given permission by the Roosters to negotiate with rival clubs earlier this week despite having another year left on his two-year contract.

His decision to join the Eels, where he has been pencilled in to replace the departing John Morris at five-eighth, brings to an end a tumultuous stay at the Bondi Junction club for the 24-year-old who was the subject of rumours he was unwanted at the Roosters at the end of last season.

It has been a mixed 2006 season for Finch.

He was the hero of the Origin series opener with a match-winning field goal for the Blues in the dying minutes.

But last Sunday he was dumped to the bench by Roosters coach Ricky Stuart before being given only 18 minutes of game time against Cronulla.

"I'm glad my future is settled and I'm looking forward to ending the season on a high with the Roosters," Finch said.

"I will miss everyone at the Roosters, especially the players and supporters, but I am looking forward to a new start at Parramatta."

Finch will be reunited with new Parramatta coach Michael Hagan at the Eels next season, the two having worked together in the lower grades at Canberra.

"There is no doubt the opportunity to work with Michael Hagan once again was a great incentive, as was the chance to work alongside Tim Smith," Finch said.

"He is a player of enormous ability, and I believe we can do great things together for Parramatta. When I was given the opportunity to find a new club for next year, I told my manager that Parramatta was my number one priority."

Parramatta chief executive Denis Fitzgerald said the club had secured a quality replacement for Morris who will join Wests Tigers next season.

"Brett has shown his ability in the pressure of representative football, and he will be a great asset to our strong playing roster for next year," Fitzgerald said.

"I join with everyone from Parramatta in welcoming him to the club."

NRL stuff

finchbrettroostersdpc7.jpg

If woosaah hasn't already read this it will be interesting to see what he thinks of this sicne he follows the Eels.

excellent cheers GOD!!!! :D

good stuff, i rate finch as a good footballer, will need him next year this year we dont seam to have a decent playmaker :)

Lol Finch is ****. He is a loser. Him and his gay f'ing joke.

DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ASS ON THE WAY OUT..

Damn now Bwaify and Sticky have to find someone else for a 3-some..oh i know. Chicken Wing. :bravo:

Latest posts