• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

first Impressions

C

CrashBall13

Just got the game and it is an improvement over the last game. Really enjoying it. The only thing that has really bothered me about it is the fact that if you concede a 5 metre scrum its a guaranteed 3 points because the cpu just does a drop goal even though its illegal to do so straight from a scrum!

it is! you have to go through at least one phase o possesiion ie a ruck or maul

When did this rule change, as O'Gara kicked a couple from lineouts against France a couple fo weeks ago...

I have to agree that the rule could not have changed. I find it a very clever tactic by the computer to score points when it can. Especially on hard. I even use it when playing against England on hard to get the points when it counts.

Dropped Goal A player scores a dropped goal by kicking a goal from a drop kick in general play. The team awarded a free kick cannot score a dropped goal until after the ball next becomes dead, or after an opponent has played or touched it, or has tackled the ball-carrier or a maul has been formed. This restriction applies also to a scrum taken instead of a free kick. 3 points

maybe i was wrong and it doesn't matter if its a 5 metre scrum, and not a scrum taken from a free kick! Sorry

It's only from a free-kick or penalty that you cannot drop a goal. this rule was introduced during the 1970s.

Verbatum from rule book which is on my desk at work:

Drop-Goal:
A player scores a drop goal by kicking a goal from a drop kick in general play.
The team awarded a free kick cannot score a drop-goal until after the ball becomes dead, or an opponent has played or touched it, or has tackled the ball-carrier.
This restriction applies also to a scrum taken instead of a free kick.

Latest posts