First Rugby 08 Review..

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by gjohn85, Jul 19, 2007.

1. gjohn85

gjohn85 Guest

I found the first review of Rugby 08 on the PS2. It by an American site, where they reviewer doesn't know much about Rugby. He does give it a good score though.

To find out what he had to say & his rating out of 10, go here.

I did think that the review was by a user of the site, but I checked, the reviewer is the wesite's freelance editor.

It's a good start so far! :bana:

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Hazey

Hazey Guest

Much like the creators of the game according to this... :p

Player Stats

4. QKXV

QKXV Guest

O dear :eek:

Here's what I make of the ditz's review:

The game is easier than Rugby06

Cut scenes are the same as 06

Tackler's gravity thing still there, if not increased
    Camera angles is supposed to be THE major improvement in 08 :wall:

The guy is an idiot and hopefully we can safely ignore this review :lol:

5. Hazey

Hazey Guest

Oh dear, that last comment is appalling embarrasing!

As for 'simpler controls', that doesn't neccessarily mean 'easier to play', might just mean easier to use.

6. Substitute

Substitute Guest

I'm assuming if he doesn't know what kicking the ball into touch is ( :wall: ) then he has never played Rugby 06. I think by simple controls that his IQ reached far enough to be able to navigate te menus and then kick the ball.

7. Dakbok

Dakbok Guest

Duh -- After the guy puts the ball in you press Q and then the direction you want your pack to move in. Jesus... This says a lot about the reviewer.

I think he's referring to the ankle-tap...

Or perhaps you would see an increase in your score...?

I for a start, always turn off the commentary and the music. So I don't listen to the "announcer" anyways. It's so corny. "WHAT A MAGNIFICENT TACKLE!!" It's like -- Jeez, he didn't save them from losing the World Cup...

No this was a pretty damn pointless interview I tell ya. The only good thing could be that, he probably reviewed Madden NFL and the other popular US titles, and seemed to have liked this one as well.

But he's obviously a yanky n00b. So we'll just leave him at it.

8. ak47

ak47 Guest

simplistic controls???

compared to nba, madden etc

Ea rugby has the most simplistic controls of all sports games

its the only sports game that doesnt utilise pressing 2 buttons simultaneously to add depth in the controls

ignore the simplistic control comment, the guy is used to his zenith like US sports game where controls are soo in depth, u can control a blocker in madden - thats like controlling support play in rugby...in 10 years we'll see that

9. duff_za

duff_za Guest

Haha, its always funny reading American reviews when they actually have no clue! Surely he could have just googled "kick the ball into touch" before making himself look like a complete knob :)

10. Fa'atau82

Fa'atau82 Guest

American definition of rugby:-

How to score:

You can kick the football between the goalposts for a field goal. This kick can either be from a touchdown or from a PK or running field goal.

Once the player has run with the ball over the enemies endzone, he must place the football firmly on the ground for a touchdown.

Also, the game can be restarted from the sideline. This is called a penalty throw-out.

Final assessment:- Needs more endzone.

11. ozzy

ozzy Guest

Good article for Rugby 08 on IGN. Check it out it may answer a few questions, also answered a few I had about the number of real faces in the game. Tuqiri now has his beard in place as shown in 1 of the screenshots.

http://au.ps2.ign.com/articles/806/806772p1.html

12. Tin

Tin Guest

nice find on the ign review
    good to see that online should be in the next gen versions hopefully if they do redo the code the game will be very good,
    although online should have been in the last 2 versions
    im also hoping for sevens in the next gen game :D

would love to see an online sevens tourny :D

13. candybum

candybum Guest

aw y'know, y'know lol

That guys makes it seem like they did so much work and put in so much effort! lol Doesn't really appear to be that way

14. jovialjonny

jovialjonny Guest

can anyone copy and paste that article in here?

IGN is blocked at work....

15. I guess your right there. Less effort more money.

16. Brodizzle

Brodizzle Guest

I'm a business major but I am so lost right now....

17. mj44

mj44 Guest

I'm a business major but I am so lost right now.... [/b][/quote]

He means they will save on development costs. People who would buy it will likely buy it even if the game hasn't been significantly improved, especially with the new sales generated by the RWC. It doesn't make sense financially to spend money you don't need to. A dollar saved is as good as a dollar earned ;)

18. Brodizzle

Brodizzle Guest

I'm a business major but I am so lost right now.... [/b][/quote]

He means they will save on development costs. People who would buy it will likely buy it even if the game hasn't been significantly improved, especially with the new sales generated by the RWC. It doesn't make sense financially to spend money you don't need to. A dollar saved is as good as a dollar earned ;)
    [/b][/quote]
    wow, I am pretty sure either he changed his post, I posted in the wrong section, or I am losing my mind....

19. mj44

mj44 Guest

maybe just a late night brainfart?

20. esoj

esoj Guest

I actually thought he was pretty honest about what they did this year and why they didn't put things like online in and most importantly hinted at a next-gen game and online play.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!