• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First song you ever bought?

S

St Helens RLFC

Go on, let's have a laugh at each other here. What was the first song you ever bought?

Me?

2 Unlimted - No Limit

first song? i got lucky - the first song i ever bought was the swingers counting the beat.

I think the first song I actually bought was when I was schooling in New Zealand, I brought All my Life by Kc & Jo Jo....classic song, good ol' cd singles :)

I can't remember the first song I ever bought.

I know the first CD I ever bought was The Offspring (think it was ***led Pretty Fly For A White Guy? Not sure) lol. Man, I've come a long way since then. Think I was 11.

First record I ever bought was 6 years ago and that was Pink Floyd, Animals.

I know you Kiwi's are behind in technology, but records? That's really in the past (putting aside special retro releases)

I know you Kiwi's are behind in technology, but records? That's really in the past (putting aside special retro releases)
[/b]

I always buy records, not because we are "behind in technology", but they are awesome to collect and sound MILES better than a CD if you have a decent turntable.

Umm first single was Aqua - Candyman

First CD was either Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply...second was The Offspring - Chocolate Starfish.

Does he what... first tape, yes tape was INX - Kick album, first CD Collective Soul Self ***led.

First CD was either Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply...second was The Offspring - Chocolate Starfish. [/b]

swear chocolate starfish is limp bizkit.

as for records - back when i lived with my mum, we had a record player and about 30 records. and i could spend a whole day listening to records - something i couldnd do on cd or mp3 formats. theres just... something. especially when you dig out a old record. none of this new **** that they put onto records - but the real deal. stuff thats 20yrs old etc. its just great to listen to.

<div class='quotemain'> Umm first single was Aqua - Candyman

First CD was either Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply...second was The Offspring - Chocolate Starfish. [/b]

[/b][/quote]
Haha yeah true.

What I meant was The Offspring - Americana and Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish. Those were my next CDs, and they were great CDs too!

Are you guys noticing that theres an increase in low quality songs on albums these days? Gone are the days when you could be assured that with a 16-20 track CD, half the tracks were pretty damn good songs, but nowadays theres likely to only be 3 or 4 worth listening to.

First and only single was Blink 182 - All the Small Things

First Albums were The Offspring - Americana and Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication (what an album!)

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Umm first single was Aqua - Candyman

[/b][/quote]
Haha yeah true.

What I meant was The Offspring - Americana and Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish. Those were my next CDs, and they were great CDs too!

Are you guys noticing that theres an increase in low quality songs on albums these days? Gone are the days when you could be assured that with a 16-20 track CD, half the tracks were pretty damn good songs, but nowadays theres likely to only be 3 or 4 worth listening to.
[/b][/quote]

welcome to the itunes generation my friend. heres my ***** about it. back in the day, when music mattered, you could put out a concept album. you could put out a album that ment something. you could put out a album that was diverse. that was diffrent. you had the wall and dark side of the moon. thick as a brick and sgt peppers lonely hearts club band. with downloading music. people download songs. they get the good part of a album or band and get the one song off it. there is no reason to put out a album anymore. just best of's. this is why we get bands like razorlight that put out one hit and dissapear. this is why if you get this weeks number one hit and come back even 6 months later and say the artist and the answer is "who?" and somehow i dont think theyve put out a album out recently either.

i think that this 10% decent song per album theme will be around for a while untill a good band comes up with a concept album. greenday fans are happy. they got theres. where as those of us who are more musicly tuned still have nothing. just remember though - DONT GIVE IN TO THE MACHINE. haha

rant over.

but yes. looking through wmp, sorting them through release date, the most recent ones i like are on an island by david gilmore, smoke and mirrors by the datsuns and live at the filmore east by neil young (which was the first concert with crazy horse. which were realeased in 06, then from 05, dont believe the truth, lullabies to paralise.

yes i do have newer albums, but those are the only notible mentions over the last 3 years,

first single I bought was Joe Dolce`s shaddupa you face .
The only thing in my defence is I was 8 at the time.

I know the first CD I ever bought was The Offspring (think it was ***led Pretty Fly For A White Guy? Not sure) lol. Man, I've come a long way since then. Think I was 11.[/b]

Same Album for me (that I remember, anyway). "Americana". I bought it in '98.

Still love it now.

Amazing how eventhough we live at opposite ends of the world but corporate marketing got us all!

My first 2 were much like everybodys, Offspring - Americana and Limp Bizkit - Chocolate starfish and the hotdog flavoured water

I can't believe the Offsrping and Limp Bizkit were so many people's first album!
Lol. I was doing my A levels when they were out...i was 17 i think. But still, phenomenal albums. Never liked any of Limp Bizkit's stuff after that tho.
Actually...i think that was the last album i ever enjoyed of the offspring as well.
All their stuff before that RULED!

I remember the first single i bought was Chesney Hawks - The One and Only!!!
That was on record.

And the first album i bought was Michael Jackson - Bad
That was on cassette. Fecking brilliant album.

First CD was either Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply...second was The Offspring - Chocolate Starfish.
[/b]

hey Melon, Savage garden has to be more embarrasing than Aqua surely?

Ooh, I don't know.
Savage Garden were Australian, I mean, as far as music goes, that's criminal enough - but it's Aqua!!!
I liked their turn back time song, though.

I'm trying to remember the lead singer: Was she a little hot?

Latest posts