• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First Test: Australia vs. British and Irish Lions (22/06/13)

I can't imagine any scrum with Jones in it doing too badly, for which reason I'd personally opt for Vunipola to start for his impact elsewhere. Besides, it's not as if he's a terrible scrummager...

If we need more ballast in the second row, however, maybe Fatland should start Gray/Evans with Parling bench again. However, I agree with Peat about locks in the scrum - POC was the smallest lock on tour: losing him is a blow around the field, but not so much in the scrum. The Leicester scrum still brings low all comers with Parling as a second row.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great first game I really enjoyed it. A few observations: Folau look's a real talent, North looked our most potent threat, Stuart Barnes to ejaculate live on air when discussing Genia, Didn't like North's pointing. But on the whole look's like it will be a good tour.

Just watched the full highlights of the game again - there was definitely 100% impeding on JOC for the second Lions try. He barely moves forward at all, just sideways, whereas BOD pushes straight into him.

Latest posts