• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First Time Poster - Long Time FIFA gamer...

R

RobbieD_PL

Hi there to all of you at TRF,

I'm writing my first post here as I was unable to post in the Rugby Gaming Forums.

I'm RobbieD_PL a long time FIFA editing stalwart at the Soccer Gaming Forums, and I've just recently got Rugby 08 as a Christmas present. Coming from Melbourne, Rugby isnt such a big thing here as in Sydney or Brisbane, so yeh I'm a bit lost on some of the moves.

I've currently completed both the 1987 and 1999 World Cup Challenge mode but I'm having difficulty with one of the moves required. In a bitter twist of Irony, its the Soccer Kick that I'm hacving the most difficulty with. :p

I'm stuck at the group stage for the 1991 World Cup Challenge because I can't make the 52 meters worth of Soccer Kick required to complete the challenge between Canada and Romania. The same goes for the 1995 QF between England and Australia whereI have to make 30 meters worth of Soccer Kicks.

Also I've got a couple of questions regarding the unlockables for Rugby 08. Apparently, there are some hidden gameplay modes that can be unlocked as well as the video highlights reel from each RWC. But I've also read on here that there are alos some hidden teams, such as the British Lions and the Junior Maoris. Are these able to be unlocked by completing some tournaments or is there a manual process that has to be done?

Lastly, Is there any sort of a roster update for all the unliscenced international and club teams?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RobbieD_PL @ Jan 12 2009, 04:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I'm writing my first post here as I was unable to post in the Rugby Gaming Forums.

I'm RobbieD_PL a long time FIFA editing stalwart at the Soccer Gaming Forums, and I've just recently got Rugby 08 as a Christmas present. Coming from Melbourne, Rugby isnt such a big thing here as in Sydney or Brisbane, so yeh I'm a bit lost on some of the moves.

I've currently completed both the 1987 and 1999 World Cup Challenge mode but I'm having difficulty with one of the moves required. In a bitter twist of Irony, its the Soccer Kick that I'm hacving the most difficulty with. :p

I'm stuck at the group stage for the 1991 World Cup Challenge because I can't make the 52 meters worth of Soccer Kick required to complete the challenge between Canada and Romania. The same goes for the 1995 QF between England and Australia whereI have to make 30 meters worth of Soccer Kicks.

Also I've got a couple of questions regarding the unlockables for Rugby 08. Apparently, there are some hidden gameplay modes that can be unlocked as well as the video highlights reel from each RWC. But I've also read on here that there are alos some hidden teams, such as the British Lions and the Junior Maoris. Are these able to be unlocked by completing some tournaments or is there a manual process that has to be done?

Lastly, Is there any sort of a roster update for all the unliscenced international and club teams?[/b]

Hey Robbie

There are files which you can edit to change which challange you must do in the challange mode,if you want you can change all the challanges to be the same which is a very easy way to complete the whole challange mode lol.Im just at work now and is posting via my cellphone so I can't give you the filenames now but will do so when I get home.

As for the unlocking of the B&I Lions and NZ Moaris there is a thread about it somewhere in the Rugby 08 forum.

And as for a updated roster for the game,just click on the link in my signature.

Cheers
Ross

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Jan 12 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RobbieD_PL @ Jan 12 2009, 04:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lastly, Is there any sort of a roster update for all the unliscenced international and club teams?[/b]

Hey Robbie

There are files which you can edit to change which challange you must do in the challange mode,if you want you can change all the challanges to be the same which is a very easy way to complete the whole challange mode lol.Im just at work now and is posting via my cellphone so I can't give you the filenames now but will do so when I get home.

As for the unlocking of the B&I Lions and NZ Moaris there is a thread about it somewhere in the Rugby 08 forum.

And as for a updated roster for the game,just click on the link in my signature.

Cheers
Ross
[/b][/quote]

Great thanks for that info Ross.

Also, I'm trying to convert with hte help of a friend some of the stadiums from Rugby08 into FIFA. However, we've come across a really big diffculty. Maybe this is a bit too technical, but when I apply the textures of the stadium the corresponding meshes, the textures turn out only a little bit in their original format, but the rest is as a grey colour. :(

Here's a screen from Ellis Park in Jo'burg, converted to Rhino.

01122009195313ea7.jpg

Any ideas on how to fix that? Also, I'm thinking that maybe Rhino isn't necessarily the program used to make rugby stadiums.

Cool looking stadium stuff there!I'm not actually that clued up with these stuff but I think the use o-edit for the stadiums and faces and stuff...Uli and the other facemakers uses o-edit to edit those files so I think it would good to ask one of them for help...

I will post those challange modes filenames for you later today or tomorrow

Cheers
Ross

Hey RobbieD_PL i have a little question....
Are you goot at building stadiums in fifa??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dady11 @ Jan 14 2009, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey RobbieD_PL i have a little question....
Are you goot at building stadiums in fifa??[/b]

I'm not very good at building, but I have built one stadium. :p

There are plenty of stadiums that have been made by the FIFA editing community though.

Also, One more qustion for you guys. I notcied that the player Tana Umanga is missing from the All Black lineup. Is there anyway to put him ingame?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dady11 @ Jan 15 2009, 05:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey mate I have a little request
I want to edit the already "twickenham stadium in rugby06" to use it like Croke park in rugby 08...
Here there are all the instruction http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46366

Ask to me..if you want to have some more info
thanks in advance...[/b]

Hmm I'm not too sure about editng stadiums just using Oedit, I'm afraid. :(

For FIFA stadium we use the above-mentioned program called rhino, but as I can see from the default EA stadiums, there are some issues with using it for Rugby Stadiums.

Hi Guys,

I'm wanting to try and edit my Rugby 08 a bit whilst i'll be spending some of my holidays in NZ, but I don't know what programs I should be using.

Essentially what I'd like to do is add the 2 British and Irish Lions and NZ Maori teams, and then from there maybe make an additional little tournament. (still unsure of the format it'd be in.) What programs would I need for that? And I'd also like to be able to use the default away kits for Argentina and Australia.

I already have Biggui, something that we use already in FIFA. I've also noticed there an editor by a guy called "woosah" but from what i've read it's only for Rugby06. Is there an 08 version, by any chance? Also, what are its functions: does it just edit teams, players and the like or does it go a bit in depth (ie: editing stadium values and tournaments)?

Ah also, how can i set all the challenges in challegne mode to be the same? :D

Good News, I've managed to finally master the soccer kick and I've finished all challenges with a gold medal! :D

Another Update for you guys, I've managed to complete most of the platinum challenges after realsing that it was just those ones that I have to do. I've unlocked 26/38 so far.

Latest posts