The Dorset Drinker
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
TAKE ON THE WORLD!

FIRST TRAILER RELEASED FOR THE OFFICIAL VIDEO GAME OF RUGBY WORLD CUP 2011

As anticipation builds for the biggest sport event of 2011 to kick off, Rugby fans can temporarily soothe their excitement with this trailer.

From HB Studios who are the creators behind Rugby 08 and International video game publishers, 505 Games, this first trailer shows all the heavy hitting action fans will experience from the official video game of this years Rugby World Cup. Launching on 26, August 2011, this game promises to give fans what they have been waiting for. From the warm ups right through to the finals, players will have to take on the world as they negotiate their way through 20 teams in stunning national stadia, official strips and logo's and uncanny player likeness' and minute detail.

About 505 Games

505 Games is a global publisher of video games, publishing games for all ages across multiple platforms including, Microsoft Xbox 360®, Sony PlayStation® 3, Nintendo Wii™ and DS, PC download, Facebook, iPhone®, Xbox LIVE®, and PlayStation®Network.

505 Games has offices in key territories around the world to publish and distribute its library of successful ***les which include ArmA II, IL2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey, the Cooking Mama World series, Naughty Bear, Backbreaker and Zumba Fitness.

505 Games is headquartered in Milton Keynes – UK, with international offices in Lyon (France), Munich (Germany), Milan (Italy), Madrid (Spain) and Los Angeles (U.S.A). A further network of key distribution partners based in Nordic territories and Australia enable global distribution of 505's ***les.

To see the latest releases, news and more about 505 Games go to: www.505games.co.uk

About HB Studios.
HB Studios is the largest video game developer in Atlantic Canada. Founded in July 2000, HB has shipped 32 ***les with over 200 SKUs across Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, PlayStation®Portable, Windows PC and PlayStation®2 selling more than 17.5 million units. For more information, please visit http://www.hb-studios.com/

About Rugby World Cup 2011
Rugby World Cup is the crown jewel of the sport and a prominent global property – with television coverage of Rugby World Cup 2007 spanning more than 200 territories, reaching a cumulative audience of 4 billion viewers. Rugby World Cup 2011 is being held in New Zealand for the first time since the inaugural event in 1987. Teams representing 20 nations will compete in 48 matches across 12 Host Cities between 9 September and 23 October 2011.
See www.rugbyworldcup.com

Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox LIVE are either registered trademarks or trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decent graphics unfortunately it seems players follow the ball.

Loving the tackles - and before anyone pipes up, they don't look like 08 tackles
Can't wait to play it! :D

Because the new England kit hasn't been released to the public yet....been over this before

Looking forward to it but the tackles do look the same as 08

ye the england kit is from 4 years ago because england has not released the world cup kit yet

Looks great, i'm going to go play the demo now....should be able to find Rugby 08 somewhere..........

Hmmm. Still all chasing the ball, argh. Very few new animations, hmmm. Looks like it plays alright though.

Hmmm. Still all chasing the ball, argh. Very few new animations, hmmm. Looks like it plays alright though.

How can you tell? This is only a teaser, mostly animations. Come the demo, you'll see (what I hope is) stellar gameplay. Going by the brief, it ought to be.

ye i thought the trailer was ok, the stadiums looked class, the payers ok but i thought it felt abit like 08 :(

Not using the BB engine is the greatest missed rugby gaming experience you will never have.

Not good enough i'm afraid. It's Rugby 08 on steroids. Hope it plays better than it looks..

Olyy: I'm sure this game will be a whole bunch of fun to play, but seriously man most of those animations were pretty much the 08 ones. This is the as-objective-as-possible opinion of someone who won't be in the market for the game because I don't have a console, so i'm not just a disappointed fanboy but i really think that when the news filters through to the aforementioned they will be pretty disappointed. Pretty much everything, from the huge arc-dives to the tackles and tackle-breaks, to the drop goal movement, was an almost exact replica of rugby 08.

Latest posts