First was Stephen Myler...

Discussion in 'Super League / Northern Hemisphere' started by Bullitt, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Then Kirk Dixon. Now Northampton continue their mission to convert every league player under 25 years old to Union.

Linky-poo

Anyone know much about this guy?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. wigan_rlfc

wigan_rlfc Guest

He's to good to go to Union, I reckon he'll stick with Wigan.

4. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Is that *ahem* "too good" like Andy Farrell was too good, or because he's genuinely a good player that you'd not want to lose?

5. goranski

goranski Guest

definitely a talent for wigan at fullback - basically took over retired Radlinski's slot - didn't notice him too much last season, although i didn't get to see too many games involving wigan - believe he scored a consolation try in one of the derbys with Saints, perhaps - he could definitely make the switch if he so desires

6. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Like Henry Paul - the "Greatest Union Player of all time"? :toss:

7. melon

melon Guest

Hahahahahaha...amongst the most humorous things i have ever heard!

8. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Like Henry Paul - the "Greatest Union Player of all time"? :toss: [/b][/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol2tn:

9. I think you're thinking of young Chris Ashton mate. Who I managed to provoke so much in last Good Friday's derby when he was on the wing, he raised a middle finger in my direction...

10. I think you're thinking of young Chris Ashton mate. Who I managed to provoke so much in last Good Friday's derby when he was on the wing, he raised a middle finger in my direction...
    [/b][/quote]

Our gracious owner ladies and gents... ;)

I'm glad Saints (my Saints) are on the lookout for young English talent. However, I hope we don't go down the same road as some English Union clubs and pay over the odds for League boys.

Alright if you end up with a Jason Robinson rather than a Henry Paul.

11. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Or a Myler instead of a Farrell.

12. Wigan's young kids, in the main, end up at Salford, Huddersfield etc. If they are that standard I see no reason why they can suddenly play top flight Guinness Premiership.

13. wigan_rlfc

wigan_rlfc Guest

I didn't say that Henry Paul was the best union player ever. I said that he was the best stand-off England had at that time.

Here's Ashton putting Mark Calderwood in for a great try.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDCeotvyfIU

14. goranski

goranski Guest

I think you're thinking of young Chris Ashton mate. Who I managed to provoke so much in last Good Friday's derby when he was on the wing, he raised a middle finger in my direction...
    [/b][/quote]

LOL - the partisan nature of your support for Saints intrigues me...

I'll keep an eye open for you in any future fixtures where there appears to a controversial gesture by an opposing player - sorry to say i missed that one either that or Sky Sports missed it for me - so much for good camera work :p

15. To be honest I have lost count of all the times I have been on TV, I always seem to be there right smack bang in the middle of the screen, it is over 50 I know that for sure. I made it on the Transworld Sport before we played Sale in the cross code challenge as well.

16. goranski

goranski Guest

17. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Looking on the Saints site, one of them says Ashton has already penned a 3 year deal to start in 2008 at Northampton.

18. That means that the Mutants have lost their best and brightest prospect...

19. wigan_rlfc

wigan_rlfc Guest

20. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Bored of what - playing in a stadium that is not in yet another shitty Northern England city?

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!