• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fixture and stadium advice needed please

Ecags

Academy Player
My husband turns 40 in Feb 2016 and he's always wanted to go to a game at one of the big French stadiums that's known for its brilliant atmosphere. I've got a feeling he's mentioned the stadiums at Toulon and Claremont? Can anyone help advise which is a good one to go to, how easy it is to get there and how I can find out about fixtures?
Thanks very much

RC Toulon, ASM Clermont Auvergne & stade Toloussain are the big ones for atmosphere.

Check their websites for fixtures and tickets.

All are close to reasonably well serviced airports and train stations (if you fancy passing through Paris :) )

Last edited:
Clermont has the best fans I have ever met and the best atmosphere I have ever experienced. I can't recommend going there enough

My husband turns 40 in Feb 2016 and he's always wanted to go to a game at one of the big French stadiums that's known for its brilliant atmosphere. I've got a feeling he's mentioned the stadiums at Toulon and Claremont? Can anyone help advise which is a good one to go to, how easy it is to get there and how I can find out about fixtures?
Thanks very much

The No1 Rugby town is Toulouse.

Great atmosphere at Clermont (Stade Marcel Michelin) and Bordeaux (Stade Jacques Chaban-Delmas).

Bordeaux and Toulouse are the most accessible. Clermont is much further out.

I would recommend a trip to Bordeaux of all. They have the highest attendance in the league. Pick a game when they play one of the big teams - Toulouse Toulon Stade Francais Racing or Clermont, that's when their fans turn up and get behing their team. Fixtures list http://www.lnr.fr/rugby-top-14/calendrier-resultats-rugby-top-14

Bordeaux is a magnificent city with stunning architecture, only rivalled by Paris. Better weather too.

Last edited:
The No1 Rugby town is Toulouse.

Great atmosphere at Clermont (Stade Marcel Michelin) and Bordeaux (Stade Jacques Chaban-Delmas).

Bordeaux and Toulouse are the most accessible. Clermont is much further out.

I would recommend a trip to Bordeaux of all. They have the highest attendance in the league. Pick a game when they play one of the big teams - Toulouse Toulon Stade Francais Racing or Clermont, that's when their fans turn up and get behing their team. Fixtures list http://www.lnr.fr/rugby-top-14/calendrier-resultats-rugby-top-14

Bordeaux is a magnificent city with stunning architecture, only rivalled by Paris. Better weather too.

Bordeaux is nice, beautiful to just mooch around - go down there quite a bit with work.

Clermont is one of the easiest you just get on the tram from le Place de Jaude (massive square in city centre) and its about 5/6 stops and it arrives in front of the Stadium which you will find is by far the best atmosphere better than Toulouse or Bordeaux and this is me talking who is a Montpellier official, i have been to every TOP 14 Stadiums and Clermont outshines all, sorry guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I've decided to go for the Bordeaux v Clermont game on March 26th. Anyone know the easiest way to buy tickets and what to look for in terms of good seats? I've done some googling but there's nothing obvious...would really appreciate any help and advice!

Thanks

go to the Bordeaux site and look at Billeterie there you can purchase tickets, be careful because games are now played Fri evening 20.45 Sat afternoon and Sat evening and sometimes Sunday afternoon, so be sure to get the ko times before you buy your tickets, unfortunately the fixture ko offs for that weekend are up on the LNR site 3/4 weeks before the actual game so you may have problems with your transport arrangements if you do not know the exact day and time of ko.

go to the Bordeaux site and look at Billeterie there you can purchase tickets, be careful because games are now played Fri evening 20.45 Sat afternoon and Sat evening and sometimes Sunday afternoon, so be sure to get the ko times before you buy your tickets, unfortunately the fixture ko offs for that weekend are up on the LNR site 3/4 weeks before the actual game so you may have problems with your transport arrangements if you do not know the exact day and time of ko.

So arrive Friday and leave Monday!! There are masses of things to do in and around this great city!!!!

excelllent suggestion as long as the guy is not working Fri or Mon as stated his wife is doing this for his 40th!!!!!!!!!!!!! not everybody is a man of leisure like yourself!!!!!!!!!!!

excelllent suggestion as long as the guy is not working Fri or Mon as stated his wife is doing this for his 40th!!!!!!!!!!!!! not everybody is a man of leisure like yourself!!!!!!!!!!!

Most jobs I've come across allow annual leave!!!!!!!!!!

If you go to "billeterie" there are two drop downs! If you click price of tickets (tariff billeterie) you will see a map of the stadium and the ticket prices!!

Take the extra days and enjoy being 40 and do not worry about Gaston who is an old codger!!!

exactly an OLD CODGER who works with 20/30 yr old beautiful ladies......... as i said in my previous post GO TO BILLETERIE, i sure the lady knows how to work the rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exactly an OLD CODGER who works with 20/30 yr old beautiful ladies......... as i said in my previous post GO TO BILLETERIE, i sure the lady knows how to work the rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am talking about billeterie on the internet not the physical one at the ground!

I am presuming that they would want to be certain of their tickets before going there as, indeed, I always do

You can do that over the internet now Gaston!! If you are not sure how that works, I am sure most, if not all, of those 30 somethings would be able to do it for you!!!

if you read my first post "Go to the Bordeaux site and look at Billeterie" (as in website) is i do believe the internet, or i would have said go to the ground !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NUMPTY!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts