• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Flags

M

Mr. Laxative

Maybe i'm just being picky but the in game scorboard in top left corner shows team initial, their flag and there current score. Why is it that georgia do not have their national flag? Maybe it has something to do with licences. Do other unlicensed national teams have a flag whacked together by EA? I don't really pay attention to this much, but georgia's flag is in stark contrast to it real one. It's like the pommy flag but in each white box there is a small red dot or something i the middle of them?????

Instead of the Brown and white and black one? I've seen this other one used elsewhere though. But get this, I've seen the American state flag of Georgia used for the country in a RWC magazine!

WTF? Georgia haven't changed there flag have they? Also do they have the flags of all the PI nations?

There is no need for licences for a national flag, no one owns a flag.

Some countries have two flags. Scotland has the st. andrews cross and the lion rampant for example. On the other hand it's possible that ea have typically been lazy and not researched thoroughly enough.

Originally posted by Jacko+Apr 3 2005, 11:06 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jacko @ Apr 3 2005, 11:06 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-contepomi
@Apr 3 2005, 11:02 AM
This should totally clear this up

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/ge.html
So they did change it. I wonder why? I liked there old one, this one reminds me to much of england. [/b]
It's cause they both the english and georgians share the same patron saint, St George and since that lot all ready have the st georges cross the georgians probably had to think of how to make it different. Thats not fact or anything but it's my guess.

Smart. Why did they decide to change though? I don't get why they would even consider a flag change unless government type is changed and the constituition would have to be changed by public vote if they run under same sort of thing as Oz.

Did they not used to be a soviet state or something like that? Cause if so maybe they're trying to forget that past or something by changing flag.

Yeah sounds like they got a new president. There was something like the national movement metioned as well.

Yeah I just read that, in November they had the 'rose revolution' when they threw out they're president cause they though he rigged votes. Same thing happened in the Ukraine didn't it?

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner@Apr 3 2005, 11:17 AM
Yeah I just read that, in November they had the 'rose revolution' when they threw out they're president cause they though he rigged votes. Same thing happened in the Ukraine didn't it?
yeah georgia changed his flag lately because of the rose revolution,and they decided to change their national flag to feel more indipendent from the ex soviet union.There was a political revolution in ukraine too but they didn't need to change their flag coz the yellow and blue are the official ukraine colours.

Latest posts