Fleming In Doubt For Start Of Chappel Hadlee

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by woosaah, Nov 23, 2005.

1. woosaah

woosaah Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Not a bad team really though i am surprised that Hamish Marshall is still there. He has been way out of form, as to has Macca.

oh well i guess we will find out the aussie team after the test this weekend aye

also stole this from stuff.co.nz [​IMG]

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. ..::ERIC::..

..::ERIC::.. Guest

Good squad. I'd have:
    Fleming
    Astle
    Vincent
    Marshall
    Styris
    McMillan
    Cairns
    McCullum
    Vettori
    Mills
    Bond

With Oram as the super sub (assuming he can bowl) if not Franklin.

4. woosaah

woosaah Guest

yeah i dont think you would want an allrounder as a super sub. you would either want a bowler or a batter.

but the super sub rule blows anyway the team who wins the toss has instant advantage with chosing the sub how they want it.

i might be tempted to put vettori opening, flem 3 take out either mills or bond (both of them can smack a ball though) put in oram. then sub off vincent for the other. thats if we want to bat first.

otherwise if we want to bowl first make vincent the super sub and bring him on when one of the bowlers has bowled their 10. but to be safe you could just have vincent as the super sub and if you lsoe the toss and bat, just dont use him.

stupid rule

5. ..::ERIC::..

..::ERIC::.. Guest

You have to chose the super sub before the toss, so if you chose Vincent as your sub and batter first if you wanted to use him as a batter you would have to take of a bowler... If you have Oram as a sub (assuming he can't crack the starting lineup) you have bring him on for a bowler like Mills when your batting second or if you feild second bring of McMillan or whoever and have him bowl.

There is no way you can leave out Vincent anyway. He was our best batsmen in SA and Zim so deserves to be in the starting team.

6. woosaah

woosaah Guest

he might deserve to be there, i have just never liked him [​IMG] thus the selection in my head always leaves him out

thats why the supersub rule sux

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!