• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Flemings 106 - best ODI innings I have ever seen..

He chose to muck around with the rugby guys over playing international cricket against the black caps? I hope he's there for the final.

P.S. Is the guy who commentates on Kiwi cricket the same guy as on the rugby?

Originally posted by Wally@Jan 25 2005, 12:37 AM
He chose to muck around with the rugby guys over playing international cricket against the black caps? I hope he's there for the final.

P.S. Is the guy who commentates on Kiwi cricket the same guy as on the rugby?
Yep two of them are but the guy you are talking about is Grant Nisbert

Isn't that a little sad? Surely there's enough people in New Zealand to have two different commentary teams. On a final note, Nonu is pretty slow.

Originally posted by Wally@Jan 25 2005, 04:54 PM
Isn't that a little sad? Surely there's enough people in New Zealand to have two different commentary teams. On a final note, Nonu is pretty slow.
No he is not he was handicapped by being put back 75m just like Smith was Van Dyk and Richardson got a 75m head start and with it only being a 100m sprint no one one could have caught them.

Originally posted by Wally@Jan 25 2005, 05:32 PM
I know he was handi capped but he just didn't look as fast as I thought he was.
I dont mind he is known for his tackle breaking ability and as long as he still can do that i will be happy

Was today and the Black Caps won, FICA bat first get 81, Black Caps get 82/6 off about 14 overs then becasue it was so short they had a 10 over mini game, NZ batted first and got 178/3 off its ten overs (Mcmillan got about 64 off 19 balls) and then FICA got 178/6 off its ten. Every player except the keeper had to bowl an over (in this case Mathew Sincliar (NZ) and Ian Havey kept wicket). Nathan Astle ran out Sangakkara to tie the game.

tie. classic stuff all round, from Daniel Tuffey to that Bichel Catch to that astle run-out - could not have been scripted better

Honestly that tour sucked until that 10 over game. I havent had that many laughs from a game of cricket. Tuffeys impression of Vettori was superb and i was impressed that he could bowl LEFT arm spin. All the impressions gave me a laugh like streak doing a Murali chuck and McCullum running in from the boundary to bowl and then do the Akhtar aeroplane when he thought he had a wicket. Warney was classic too. Anyone see that six that went into the St Johns tent.
<

A tie was a fantastic result. Good to see they made the $1 million target!

Originally posted by Serge@Jan 26 2005, 10:14 PM
Honestly that tour sucked until that 10 over game. I havent had that many laughs from a game of cricket. Tuffeys impression of Vettori was superb and i was impressed that he could bowl LEFT arm spin. All the impressions gave me a laugh like streak doing a Murali chuck and McCullum running in from the boundary to bowl and then do the Akhtar aeroplane when he thought he had a wicket. Warney was classic too. Anyone see that six that went into the St Johns tent.
<

I missed it damn it and i missed Flemings innings aswell oh well can watch the mini game 2morow on sky sport 3

Originally posted by Serge@Jan 26 2005, 10:14 PM
<

Your right mate, i couldn't stop laughing !!!

Tuffey = absolute class(ic)
Warne = bahahhaha
McCullum = Rofl
<

Underarm =
<
<
<
what he did with the underarm =
<
<
<

Run-out = perfect timing

Looks like I missed out on a ripper. What a random series though. What did Warney do?

Warney did a merv hughes run-up for his first ball, then on his last ball he did a left-armer double bouncer which macca got caught off. Hilarious.

Tuffey was the best though - he got vettori's shirt, glasses and then bowled left arm spin with the tongue out and the few spins of the ball !!! and hes bloody accurate too for a left arm. Funniest thing i have ever seen on a cricket field.

Also you gotta see the bichel catch... one hander above his head on the boundary - was about to fall over the rope so chucked it back infield and took it! wow

Well the Aussie series is next should be an exciting series

Damn, that was a game I had to miss cause I was fruit picking. I brought the paper the next day and wow! the thought of Fleming making mince meat of the best bowlers in the world made me smile for a few days

Latest posts