Flood and Tait to leave Newkie Broons...

Discussion in 'Aviva Premiership / LV Cup' started by Prestwick, May 3, 2008.

1. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...ish/7381693.stm

Well, thats made the task of deciding who is favourite for relegation next year then!

And I thought Saracens was chronically mis-managed at times. You can definitely tell that these two have been chased out rather than been attracted by other clubs. Newcastle have lost two superb backs who are now up for auction to the highest bidder...

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

*Fingers crossed* Come to Llanelli! */Fingers crossed*
    :(

4. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

Huge MASSIVE Loss to Newcastle who have been the underperformers of the premiership for many years now.

Will be interesting who goes for these two, whether they go as a double pack or individuals to different clubs...

5. Rumours have Flood going to Tiggers and Tait to Sale.

Although Saints have also linked with both at various times over the past year so here's hoping we can snap one of them up ourselves.

6. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

I think a Mcalister-Tait pairing would be great to watch. Here's hoping that the rumour is true!

7. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

Anyone think that maybe the French clubs might spare a few euro to gamble on Flood?

8. nick_w

nick_w Guest

French clubs are a major possibility, the money is certainly there. No fat wad of sterling from sarries prestwick?

9. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

We'd probably be really interested with Flood, if only because we've got as much chance of getting Dan Carter as Northampton have...

10. Stillknox

Stillknox Guest

Biarritz is still looking for an international fly half next year... as Michalak will certainly be back to Toulouse, Flood can be a good choice.

11. Tait has gone Sale

12. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

Well, to be honest, people have been saying this constantly on the BBC boards, but I have yet to see proof. I would love to see a Mcalister - Tait pairing, but I would much prefer to see the link to the article proving this first.

13. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

All reports indicate that Flood is going to Leicester.

So you'll have Flood competing for a place at center. At least we'll get to see how a Flood - Hipkiss partnership would work without having to muck around with the England set up!

14. Nidhogg

Nidhogg Guest

Hilarious quote from the bbc article.

Teams are better off without players of international class, it all makes sense now.

15. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

Also, rather disturbingly Newcastle are moving to follow the Keith Barwell route to...er...success circa 2004-2007, placing ever more emphasis on overseas imports rather than homeground academy talent like they ought to be doing.

16. Col

Col Guest

17. danny

danny Guest

This shows that Newcastle are seriously in the ****.Its puely a financial move to ease the Falcons wage costs. The international thing has its merits but Im afraid this is a smoke screen. News is that Woods the impressive open-side is on his way to Leicester. Going doooowwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

Oh yes.

19. Col

Col Guest

I'm not convinced people will see too much of the Tait/McAlister pairing at centre, with Foden seemingly off to Northampton surely Tait will be employed at Full Back.

I can't imagine Laharrague will be first choice at Fullback, while Cueto & Lamont are better utilised on the wing.

20. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

Well, at least that means Saracens and Bristol are safe :lol:

21. Vambo

Vambo Guest

Interesting decision by Newcastle to let these two go, especially Flood who I personally think is real class but 'kinda' understandable with regards to constantly losing them for long periods to England duty unless Danny is right and it's more down to finances?
    I'm surprised Bath aren't going all out to get Flood at the Rec to replace Barkley.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!