• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Foden stays put

B

Bullitt

Foden, 24, joined the Saints from Sale in the summer of 2008. After combining the roles of scrum-half and full back he has settled in the number 15 shirt and become one of the highest rated young English players in the Guinness Premiership.

As well as helping the Saints win their first piece of major silverware in a decade - the European Challenge Cup - and consolidate their place in the Guinness Premiership, 2008/09 also saw Foden make his England debut against Italy in the Six Nations.

With 48 appearances under his belt in just 18 months he is two away from a Saints club cap, and he has scored 11 tries. The consistency of his performance standards is reflected by a number of man of the match awards, including against Treviso in the Heineken Cup and Saracens in the LV= Cup.

Foden says that he has enjoyed his time at the club so far and is looking forward to helping bring future success to the Franklin's Gardens outfit.

"It's been good for me so far," he said. "I've enjoyed being in new surroundings, I feel part of the team at full back and we're playing good rugby. I really enjoy working with Dorian, Paul and Jim. He's a former full back but he let me choose my own path. Now I'm playing full back he's now giving me direction and help in how to develop. All of the coaches are very good at managing players and I'm looking forward to where they're taking the team in the future.

"The highlights for me so far have to be winning the Challenge Cup last year and winning against Munster this year. We need to be playing the best teams in Europe and to compete in those games is a testament to where we have come from and going to."

"Ben has settled into being one of our most dangerous attacking players," said director of rugby Jim Mallinder. "He is the type of player that suits us, with individual ability to create something from nothing but also knowing what role he can play in the team as a whole. As well as being a good finisher he also has awareness of what is going on around him and he has laid on a number of tries for other players as well.

"I'm delighted that he has signed on again with us."

http://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/3831_6304.php
----------------------------------

Nothing about contract length however.

Pfft, stealing him away from Sale with promises of him being a SH then sticking him at FB anyway
We want him back :p

Latest posts