• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football boots vs Rugby boots

M

Miki

Hi!
I just started playing rugby and need some boots to play in. I have a pair of football boots and Im not sure if I can play rugby in them. Is there a difference between rugby and football boots?

do they have screw in studs?? if so then they can be taken out and replaced with rugby studs

Aaron

If they are moulded plastic studs you won't be allowed to use them. If they're moulded rubber then you will, but you'll probably want to get some with decent studs for muddy pitches.

Yeah, moulded plastic are illegal (not many of those though)...this is because its easy for them to become razor blade like and slash people open.

Normal moulded boots, the rubber ones are 100% fine.

Normal moulded boots, the rubber ones are 100% fine.
[/b]

Agreed. But in this country, at this time of year, on our muddy water logged pitches, they are utter shite.
I use football boots, but that's because i need a light boot and coz i'm a freaking "show-pony" winger. But that's just the words of the forwards who are jealous of our glory! :p

I mean "soccer" when i say "football"
These are the boots I have:

air-legend-SI-silver-blk2.jpg

And i've got these light ones to train and practice kicking with:

mercurial-vapour-sg-whtred.jpg

I wear these with 21mm studs in the back and 19s in the front when its wet:
air-zoom-mark-low.jpg

and these in the dry:
glove-moulded3.jpg

Nomis are the best boots ever! The next pair you buy has to be nomis...you're really missing out on something special if you've never atleast tried a pair on...they're absolutly wonderful boots!

I used to have a pair of the Black Pearl Nomis boots.
Wihtout a doubt some of the most comfortable boots i have ever worn.
But i'm a fan of my current Nike boots, a little more.

I have a pair of silver something or others that cost me a tenner

best boots i have ever bought.

its all in the colour methinks

I have a pair of orange Nike Mercurial Vapors, and they are absolutely fantastic. Snap-in metal studs, so no getting pulled up by refs for that :D However, and this is just my personal case, mind you, they are just a tiny bit too narrow for my feet (I have rather wide feet, you see), so I'm just waiting for ProDirectSoccer.com to get a pair of Nike Tiempo Ronaldinho boots in a size 10.5 in, and then I'll start wearing those.

The Vapors are extremely light, though, so if you're a player with pace to burn, and narrow enough feet, go for those :D

A silver pair of something or others?

I love it!
[/b]
:cheers:
they are awesome, light, comfy, and pretty decent length studs so i don't fall on my ass when i try and step past people :D

well i dont even know if Miki (the person who started this post) is even still here, so sorry man but we need some input before we can help, all soccer cleats are legal for rugby that im aware of. personally, i swear by the Adidas Copa's. best boot ever made. if nothing else, just get a boot with kangaroo leather uppers in my opinion. i just ordered a pair of World Cup's, which is just a version of the Copa with 6 removable studs instead of 8 molded ones, and i doubt i will ever change..

well i dont even know if Miki (the person who started this post) is even still here, so sorry man but we need some input before we can help, all soccer cleats are legal for rugby that im aware of. personally, i swear by the Adidas Copa's. best boot ever made. if nothing else, just get a boot with kangaroo leather uppers in my opinion. i just ordered a pair of World Cup's, which is just a version of the Copa with 6 removable studs instead of 8 molded ones, and i doubt i will ever change..
[/b]
Typical answer coming from a "Cowboy."

<div class='quotemain'> whats the nameof those red boots cyrmu? [/b]

If you're referring to the 'light boots' he trains in then they are nike mercurial vapour sg
[/b][/quote]

Nike Mercurial Vapour II SG, actually.
:)

Latest posts