• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football V's Rugby Video (Euro Special) ;)

Haha!
That was a good, one very enjoyable.

But, be prepared for RBS to start shouting at the injustice of your blinkered view of football. :p

Top video.

As matt said, The football/kissball/wogball/soccer fanatics will in no time discover this thread and THE debate will begin.

Haha!
That was a good, one very enjoyable.

But, be prepared for RBS to start shouting at the injustice of your blinkered view of football. :p
[/b]

Hehe, it's ok, the more they moan they more they love it. It will give him something to cheer him up after possibily the worst Kissball season on record. The most incredibly tedious FA Cup Final ever followed by the worst CL (EC) Final of all time. Classic stuff. :zzz:

Off to the pub to watch Oz v Wales with a nice cooked brekkie now. :bana:

Top video.

As matt said, The football/kissball/wogball/soccer fanatics will in no time discover this thread and THE debate will begin.
[/b]

What's the point...it's so blinkered and one eyed as to render it beneath all debate.

You know those idiot mtv xtreme sporters who go on about how their ridiculous minority event is more awesome & radical than the maintstream games. They are dickheads too.

I assume it'd be totally impossible to piece to together a video of rugby players doing lots and lots of long kicked clearances.

Mate, you've really got to lighten up and not take it so personally when we insult football.

And who's to say their extreme sports aren't better than mainsteam ones. It's an opinion.
Plus, you saying that is like saying Indie movies aren't as good as Hollywood movies. Arguable.

Just take it with a pinch of salt, that's all i'm saying.

<div class='quotemain'>
Top video.

[/b]

What's the point...it's so blinkered and one eyed as to render it beneath all debate.

You know those idiot mtv xtreme sporters who go on about how their ridiculous minority event is more awesome & radical than the maintstream games. They are dickheads too.

I assume it'd be totally impossible to piece to together a video of rugby players doing lots and lots of long kicked clearances. [/b][/quote]
I love it! :cheers: :bana:

Mate, you've really got to lighten up and not take it so personally when we insult football.

And who's to say their extreme sports aren't better than mainsteam ones. It's an opinion.
Plus, you saying that is like saying Indie movies aren't as good as Hollywood movies. Arguable.

Just take it with a pinch of salt, that's all i'm saying.
[/b]

Well I'm sorry but that's just the sort of attitude that's going to make this place the world's most dull foum.

Desist with this pinko hippy talk immdediately. Is this what you want? :

Member A : I have this point of view

Member B : I fully resepct your view even though I disagree with it

Member A : I am gratified you respect my view...I also wholly support your right to disagree...after all we are all different unique individuals

Member B : Yes my friend....You are correct in that. Our points of view may differ but through mutual acknowldgement of these different weltenschaung our our subjective opinions can both flourish in harmony

Member A : Let's hug

Member B : I am literally sobbing tears of joy here

Watch out Pippo!!! There's a sniper in the stands![/b]

Haha, that was classic! :D

But seriously, I was swayed to think rugby was more exciting simply because of that dramatic music they used!!!!!! :rolleyes:

On a serious note, have to agree that this years FA Cup Final and Champions League Finals were incredibly boring... but I dare anyone to say the Liverpool Final two years ago was boring as well!

Oh good, we're being mature about the discussion. Mate, i was just being polite, you know the forum will never go that way. I was simply telling you to lighten up somewhat. Ok?

*Matt shakes his head at how boring the argument is and couldn't care less about how RBS feels football is treated on this site.*

Oh good, we're being mature about the discussion. Mate, i was just being polite, you know the forum will never go that way. I was simply telling you to lighten up somewhat. Ok?

*Matt shakes his head at how boring the argument is and couldn't care less about how RBS feels football is treated on this site.*
[/b]

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

prod_thu_15955.jpg

;) :p :)

Football can learn from rugby in many ways

Lesson for football from rugby
Both are supposed to be gentlemen's games rugby shows this football doesn't e.g. diving
The fans in football **** me off so much with their offensive chanting ,riots and the lack respect for the oppostion side in forums try using AOL forums it's like talking to a Brick wall people actually go out of their way to try and wind up other supporters on other boards

Both are supposed to be gentlemen's games rugby shows this football doesn't
[/b]

Stamping, punching, gouging and spear tackles are the height of civilisation of course.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/65MojXiv1mA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/65MojXiv1mA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I'm not getting all bolshy about this...I'm just providing a service. This way I point out the obvious nonsensical nature of your argument on here and you people don't make ***s of yourselves by repeating your ill thought-out pontifications out in the real world.

rugby is a very full contact sport though. Footballers shouldn't get themselves into the situation of a punch up. You've just highlighted one player and one moment. I could easily do the same.

~AND THE DIVING!
god that does my head in. It's ruined the game.

rugby is a very full contact sport though.
[/b]

Still, you'd agree that stamping on someones face is a tad ungentlemanly?

You've just highlighted one player and one moment. I could easily do the same.
[/b]

Please do...not just for the sake of this arguement, I genuinely love examples of true corinthian sportsmanship like that. I was at that game....it was amazing as the moment of realisation hit everyone. Remember di Canio wasn't exactly a saint.

~AND THE DIVING!
god that does my head in. It's ruined the game.
[/b]

I've seen many a rugby game ruined by constant snidey infringements at the ruck. It's just that rugby has long since come to terms with it's gamesmanship.

NONONONO
infringments at the ruck is part of the game. Its playing on the borderline level to win. Diving is completeley different. Its blatent lying - the ruck is such a tricky area that even the best back rowers winning the ball are going to get blown up. And slowing the ball is a tactic. Diving is disgusting and is the height of bad sportsmanship. In diving you're getting the opposition man in trouble and that's cowardly. At least when you infringe in the ruck you can get yourself raked as a punishment. Divers get rewarded with a free kick.

As for stamping on peoplese faces - that's just a friendly hello.

And instances off the top of my head. Colin Charvis was knocked out by a tackle from Jerry Colins and Umaga left the defensive line went straight for Chharvis to clear his air way. Erm there was a scrum from a game and i don't remeber who was playing but the player in the front row shouted neck as he felt it go and the opposition front row stopped immediatley. And the very fact that every week us players go out to hurt the opposition (legally) on the field and on the scoreboard and dominate them, get into spur of the moment punch ups but at the end of the game it stays on the feild and we look each other in the eye and shake hands. None of this storming off in football (which is probably linked to the diving)