Footballers using babies as 'repair kits'

Discussion in 'The Clubhouse Bar' started by getofmeland, Aug 27, 2006.

1. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

Yahoo News Link

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slightly Controvertial topic, but what do people feel about this, should it be allowed even tho it aint been tested... I dunno I am undecided on this issue, cos I am all for medical science, but when will we go to far...

Discuss?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. gjohn85

gjohn85 Guest

It sounds ok, but I need to look into it more before giving a definitive answer.

4. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

Sounds alright to me, but it also sounds like a step before something like "The Island" happens, lol!

5. DC

DC Guest

its alright with me the only problem i could see is say the footballer and his baby both had a problem.. and the footballer decided to use it on himself rather than to his baby to whom which the stem cell belongs.

6. woosaah

woosaah Guest

first in first served i say :)

7. Gay-Guy

Gay-Guy Guest

When my last kid was born I heard about this. Cost some money though here in NZ, we could not afford so we declined.

I don't see anything wrong with it......otherwise they throw the cord away.

8. DamN! so i have to have kids!!! ARGH!!!

9. Gay-Guy

Gay-Guy Guest

Don't be so modest. Studs like you have kids you know not of :lol:

10. As long as the cells are coming from the umbilical cord, which will be discarded anyway, and not the child then I don't see a problem with it.

Although no doubt a critic will soon come out calling it 'ungodly' or breaching the child's human rights, or something equally as ridiculous.

11. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

They could save many lives, and also careers, but still feel they need to watch they dont go to far, like in the Island...

12. ..::ERIC::..

..::ERIC::.. Guest

Stem cells could be going to more important things.

Anyhow, what say a football gets a bitch up the duff. They have an abortion. Can he use the stem cells from the aborted featus?

13. Well I'm a pretty strong believing catholic, and from my point of view there's nothing wrong with this provided it doesn't prevent the development of the child in any way.

14. Man, dont scare me like tht....

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!