• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Footballing Legend George Best Dies

Two sides to George Best:

1. Arguably the greatest footballer to have never played in a World Cup.

2. Wasted his talent with reckless disregard for his own health.

I personally do not have a lot of respect for the man but obviously feel sorry for his family at this sad time for them.

At least he wasn't a cheating drug-lord like Diego Maradonna.

Hopefully, Maradonna will die next. I wasn't going to make a thread about this because he isn't worthy of the attention. Complete moron - someone died in vain to keep him alive. Got what he deserves, nothing less.

Originally posted by cavan@Nov 26 2005, 02:44 AM
Mr Myagi from the Karate Kid has also died today. RIP
<
Now that is sad.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Nov 25 2005, 02:27 PM
Hopefully, Maradonna will die next. I wasn't going to make a thread about this because he isn't worthy of the attention. Complete moron - someone died in vain to keep him alive. Got what he deserves, nothing less.
Isn't worthy of attention. He was one of, if not, the best footballer ever.

But an alcoholic waster who ruined his own liver and when given a chance, someone elses.

Forget the footballer. George Best the man deserved to die.

Idiot off the pitch.

Genius on it.

There aren't many with as much talent, they don't come around often, and his footballing skills which graced the world will be missed.

Nobody can do nowdays what Georgie Best was doing in the 1960's. Me thinks St_Helens_RLFC's attitude would have been different if George played for Liverpool rather than the Great Manchester United.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Nov 28 2005, 02:07 AM
Not at all - it's just that there are no Liverpool alcoholics
Exactly.

Liverpool likes to party with charlie.

robbiefowler8ju.jpg

R.I.P. George Best

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Latest posts