• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

For talking rot.

Wwwwoooooooooo

Wolves stay in the Premiership!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right, it's almost exam time again,
Due to rates of inflation and rises in basic living costs I'm now offering 15p (fifteen British pence) to anyone who will sit my Freshwater Biology exam for me.
That's FIFTEEN PENCE
Three 5ps

Just think about what you could get with that

Fish sees the smaller fish ..fish eats smaller fish ..nom nom....another of those exams yeah ? :p

2. Write an essay that accounts for the role of wind and sun in determining the patterns of movement of water in a deep lake in a temperate continental climate throughout a year.

6. Describe the characteristic physical and biotic features of river zones in western Europe.

Gripping, I'm sure you'll agree....

I'm super cereal, guys

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1306096224218.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1306096224218.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 10
Right, it's almost exam time again,
Due to rates of inflation and rises in basic living costs I'm now offering 15p (fifteen British pence) to anyone who will sit my Freshwater Biology exam for me.
That's FIFTEEN PENCE
Three 5ps

Just think about what you could get with that

I could buy a small house in New Zealand for that sum.... tempting....

Today I had my best friend over and we made skittles vodka ..going to finish it up tommorrow and try bottle it nicely ..

We then found 2 old toy lightsabers in my attic.... Ever the children at heart we spent the next 3 hours sparring in my sitting room until I smacked my head off the stone mantlepiece ...

How is this a religion vs science matter? Are you trying to say that if historians and biologists haven't explained why humans migrated to certain parts of the globe, religion scores a point?

Well yes and no...

It's a genuine question, I would like to know what peoples thoughts on the matter are, because everyone I have asked this question to tries to deviate and change topic.
It's just dissappointing that the proponents of a theory don't make an effort to know enough about it, always just say "There is too much evidence"

Well yes and no...

It's a genuine question, I would like to know what peoples thoughts on the matter are, because everyone I have asked this question to tries to deviate and change topic.
It's just dissappointing that the proponents of a theory don't make an effort to know enough about it, always just say "There is too much evidence"

Have you tried to read some of the scientific literature on the topic? There is plenty out there. Obviously asking random people isn't going to get you satisfactory answers.

As for the first point. It is a topic for anthropologists/biologists/geologists (and probably some other fields of science), religions don't attempt to explain the origin of human migration. So this is purely a scientific matter.

As for somewhere to start. I haven't looked much into the subject but it shouldn't be too hard to find some basic articles. Obviously there is wikipedia which sums up the current research to date:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_human_migrations

Human ancestors have been migrating out of Africa for almost 2 million years. Many of them didn't survive, our direct ancestors only migrated out of Africa 100000-200000 years ago. Here is a good article on the basics as well: http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/69197/***le/Hints_of_earlier_human_exit_from_Africa And: http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/elsi/humanmigration.shtml

If you want to read scientific journals on the topic i could probably get some recommendations from people who have studied this area. But most of those are pretty technical/complicated.

In short, there is definitely fossil and DNA evidence to back up the current predicted migration paths. Scientists don't attempt to explain "why" they did it, they just explain when and how they did it. If you want to know "why" some humans left Africa, that is a different topic. There are a million reasons "why" they could have decided to migrate, many smart and stupid reasons. I'm sure there would be some literature on this as well.

I'm no expert on anything scientific though, maybe email your local university for better answers?

Last edited:
Science features lazers and rockets. Science 2, Religion 0.

Unless of colurse we're talking about Scientology. Or Jedi.

Olyy, how did your exam go?

I have my first tomorrow :( then one Wednesday and Friday. Think I'm ready but can never be sure!

I've had two so far, first one went very well, 2nd was pretty bad - got one tomorrow afternoon which is going to be pretty bad I think, then my last one is next Tuesday which should (hopefully) be alright

This should answer any questions you have (for example: Magnets, How do they work?)

I prefer this one

And we've already had a Science/Religion debate. Science won.

Last edited by a moderator:
Science features lazers and rockets. Science 2, Religion 0.

Unless of colurse we're talking about Scientology. Or Jedi.

This.
Oh, and to complete the rout:
images

Where's your eternal salvation now??

Latest posts