• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Force Unleashed 2

B

Bullitt

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a864SYyIJM8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a864SYyIJM8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

\o/

I'll go with neither "brilliant" nor "failed hard". The Force Unleashed was one of those games that wasn't as great as it could have been, yet provided some sound entertainment. I'd give it 7 out of 10.

It's biggest problem was repetitive gameplay elements, some garish colouring and graphics on some levels which made some levels awkward to look at and items hard to find. I'd be interested to see what they could do with a sequel.

After seeing the trailer, it raises one rather silly point. The Rancor is a big enough monster. Whats next? In The Force Unleashed 3 does the monster that tossed the Rancor out, get tossed out into an arena, by a monster 20 times bigger again? This whole "unbelievable threat much, much bigger than the last" thing, which is amped further and further and further in movies and games is getting fairly tiresome.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Dec 24 2009, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'll go with neither "brilliant" nor "failed hard". The Force Unleashed was one of those games that wasn't as great as it could have been, yet provided some sound entertainment. I'd give it 7 out of 10.

It's biggest problem was repetitive gameplay elements, some garish colouring and graphics on some levels which made some levels awkward to look at and items hard to find. I'd be interested to see what they could do with a sequel.

After seeing the trailer, it raises one rather silly point. The Rancor is a big enough monster. Whats next? In The Force Unleashed 3 does the monster that tossed the Rancor out, get tossed out into an arena, by a monster 20 times bigger again? This whole "unbelievable threat much, much bigger than the last" thing, which is amped further and further and further in movies and games is getting fairly tiresome.[/b]
This could become a "Die Hard" series of games, in which every situation is elevated from a small scale attack in the first to a threat on national security by the last sequal.

The trailer dosn't give much about the stories. i don't know if anyone here played the Jedi Academy series of games, but i sound that the best in terms of light saber control. You could make it swing one way and then another etc, and had pretty full control, and then mods were made which even improved that, like Movie mods. In other Star Wars series games I get a little irritated how the only realy saber options you have is different combos, you have little o do control. I thought the grafics in The Force Unleashed, were pretty good, but finding some extras were a little too hard. The force control I thought was the best part of the game, where grip was amazing.

I agree it got repetitive, and the story lines in many ways ruin the movies, as all of a sudden a guy can pull a Death Star from the sky using the force, and yet in the movies, the greatest show of force was lifting a small ship off the ground. It does get annoying how they just elevate powers and stories, however I'd still give the game a 7/10.

I personally thought the storyline for Force Unleashed was the best of the whole franchise (apart maybe from Empire Strikes Back and the Jedi Academy trilogy of books) - A lot of that probably to do with minimal input from the George Lucas money machine, I imagine - Someone who wanted a story instead of yet another franchise clearly wrote it, even if Lucasfilm are still milking it for everything it's worth (toys, books, comics, iphone apps, condoms etc.)

<blink>*spoiler warning*</blink>

I do wonder how exactly they plan to keep it cannon-al considering the demise of the main protagonist at the end of the first game. From the video it's clearly the same character again (Galen/Starkiller) and the voice of Juno is distinctive in the video, so I'll bet on her return. I wonder if Yoda and Vader will be making appearances or if this will go off on its own story arc now.

One thing however to remember is the first game was well supported for DLC... lots of skin packs etc. plus the 2 level packs were excellent. Similar support again would be more then welcome.

It'd also be nice to see some form of co-op multiplayer and maybe the verses mode from the PS2 version, although I doubt that'll happen.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Dec 24 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Dec 24 2009, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After seeing the trailer, it raises one rather silly point. The Rancor is a big enough monster. Whats next? In The Force Unleashed 3 does the monster that tossed the Rancor out, get tossed out into an arena, by a monster 20 times bigger again? This whole "unbelievable threat much, much bigger than the last" thing, which is amped further and further and further in movies and games is getting fairly tiresome.[/b]
This could become a "Die Hard" series of games, in which every situation is elevated from a small scale attack in the first to a threat on national security by the last sequal.

The trailer dosn't give much about the stories. i don't know if anyone here played the Jedi Academy series of games, but i sound that the best in terms of light saber control. You could make it swing one way and then another etc, and had pretty full control, and then mods were made which even improved that, like Movie mods. In other Star Wars series games I get a little irritated how the only realy saber options you have is different combos, you have little o do control. I thought the grafics in The Force Unleashed, were pretty good, but finding some extras were a little too hard. The force control I thought was the best part of the game, where grip was amazing.

I agree it got repetitive, and the story lines in many ways ruin the movies, as all of a sudden a guy can pull a Death Star from the sky using the force, and yet in the movies, the greatest show of force was lifting a small ship off the ground. It does get annoying how they just elevate powers and stories, however I'd still give the game a 7/10.
[/b][/quote]

I'm not just agreeing for the sake of agreeing, but Nick is 100% right on Jedi Academy feeling a little more like your controlling the sabers. That didn't happen in The Force unleashed.

Also, Mite hasn't acknowledged the ridiculous power and threat escalation in games and movies nowadays. It takes me out of the experience to feel like someone is one day going to say "with this new ability I can fold the universe INSIDE OUT!". It's just getting a little lame, surely they need to wake up to believable abilites?

If the samey levels and ridiculous over the top action are toned down and are substitiued for more real control, I'll be in line for purchase.

Don't recall anyone ever complaining when other franchises did that though; MGS is a good example of a simple concept becoming ridiculously OTT.

Latest posts