• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Force vs Stormers

I

Incredible Schalk

Well this promises to be one of the ties of round 7. After having a successful tour of New Zealand the Force return home where they now have a glut of home games. After Fridays game the Stormers will have 5 home games in a row which means this game is vital for both sides if they are to challenge for the play-off places. The momentums with the Force after their away bonus point victory last week whilst a moment of madness cost the Stormers a draw last week at the death.

Anyone know if this is on sky?

Western Force: 15 Cameron Shepherd, 14 Scott Staniforth, 13 Ryan Cross, 12 Scott Daruda, 11 Drew Mitchell, 10 Matt Giteau, 9 Chris O'Young, 8 Richard Brown, 7 David Pocock, 6 Scott Fava, 5 Nathan Sharpe ©, 4 Tom Hockings, 3 AJ Whalley, 2 Tai Mcisaac, 1 Pekahou Cowan.

Replacements: 16 Luke Holmes, 17 Troy Takiari, 18 Sam Wykes, 19 Tamaiti Horua, 20 James Stannard, 21 Lachlan MacKay, 22 Nick Cummins

Stormers: 15 Conrad Jantjes, 14 Tonderai Chavhanga, 13 Gcobani Bobo, 12 Jean de Villiers ©, 11 Sireli Naqelevuki, 10 Peter Grant, 9 Ricky Januarie, 8 Luke Watson, 7 Francois Louw, 6 Schalk Burger, 5 Andries Bekker, 4 Ross Skeate, 3 Brian Mujati, 2 Schalk Brits, 1 JD Moller.

Replacements: 16 Tiaan Liebenberg, 17 Brock Harris, 18 Adriaan Fondse,19 Robbie Diack, 20 Conrad Hoffmann, 21 Tony Brown, 22 Gio Aplon.

This should be a great match. I can really see both teams standing up for this clash, just like the last match played on the same ground in 2006. I think it'll be very tight, but some brilliance from Giteau should get the Force over. Burger to have a blinder, same with all the backs. Force by 5.

Game of the round imo.

Two teams who love to use their backlines (the Stormers backs haven't really shined), should be a cracker.

I'm supporting the Stormers for this one, or else I won't get free beer.

Januarie and the loosies (possible rock band name??) need to keep up the quick ball at the rucks. I really think victory at the breakdown points are gonna be extra vital in this match.

Yea the reason the Stormers bet the Chiefs so comfortably was down to them incredibly dominant at the breakdown and getting turnover ball which ended up with 5 tries. Last week we played a team in dissarray but because there wasnt the domination at the breakdown there was only 1 try.

Yea the reason the Stormers bet the Chiefs so comfortably was down to them incredibly dominant at the breakdown and getting turnover ball which ended up with 5 tries. Last week we played a team in dissarray but because there wasnt the domination at the breakdown there was only 1 try.
[/b]
Hmm not a good stat that one.

Shows how hard the forwards have been working, and how little creativity the Stormers backs have been displaying.
Atleast they finishing off those counter attack situations though.

Gotta say I don't think Bobo is helping the cause. I've never rated him really. Was very much an average joe at the Sharks. I know he went and did some 7's training before joining the Stormers, didn't seemed to help though.

What's your take on him Inc. Schalk?

Given the Force home record, I hope they stay true to form.

Stormers by 10.

Hmm not a good stat that one.

Shows how hard the forwards have been working, and how little creativity the Stormers backs have been displaying.
Atleast they finishing off those counter attack situations though.

Gotta say I don't think Bobo is helping the cause. I've never rated him really. Was very much an average joe at the Sharks. I know he went and did some 7's training before joining the Stormers, didn't seemed to help though.

What's your take on him Inc. Schalk?
[/b]

So far Bobo has done next to nothing this season, i agree with you in that he is pretty average. Hes ok at hitting it up and making a few metres but he doesnt break the line enough, but then again neither has De Villiers who has been extremely average as well. Except the centres i think the Stormers have pretty good backs, Jantjes is creative, Chavanga has added to his game with these great runs beating player after player and Naquilevuki is a tough guy to bring down with plenty of pace which offers a good balance. De Villiers is a great player but he needs to improve or atleast score a few of his famous intercepts. Bobo is ok but will never set the world on fire.

My my my.

Stormers completely dominated allmost everything of that game, what a game, I'm just.... wow.

I cannot believe Cross didn't give away a penalty try when he held back Bobo though, seemed a clear call to me that one.

If it wasnt for some dodgy kicking by Grant and Brown it could have been kicking on for the half century. Shows you cant underestimate the Stormers, to hammer the form side of the competition (barring the Crusaders) at home is tremendous. Now 5 consecutive home games, the first against the Cheetahs, up to 6th so the play offs are very much a possibility. :bana:

Surely another great performance will get him into the Bok side, hes playing far better than Habana [/b]

That he is, and come on, the guy is a flyer. He doesn't need to be the best winger, so to speak. I mean, boot the ball away, and if he is chasing, whoever the stupid opponent is running with him might as well stop, get on his knees, and pray for a horrible bounce (which the Force had to do twice)!!!

Fantastic player, and keeps getting better. Stormers were awesome, and Schalk had a blinder (LOL, he gave a DDT to Gitteu and got carded.) If he had a little more gas, he would have scored, (He must have sniffed the try line).

Anyway, great game, great team, and it's all downhill from here...

I don't think I can comment on this game.....I'm furious, absolutely pathetic performance....

Barring last week if possible <_< this would be the first time a South African team has won 3 away games on the trot. Never mind with 15 tries, cant speak highly enough of the guys :bravo:

Latest posts