• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Forced to play for Country of Birth

F

frntline

Who would they play for if they forced to play with the country they were born in?

I was only thinking of this topic cause I was think how it would be if O'gara would have to play for the USA.

And of coarse the All Pacific Islanders and Even Africa's.

O'gara - USA
Delon Armitage - Trinidad
Takudzwa Ngwenya - Zimbabwe
Matt Stevens - South Africa
Mils Muliaina - Samoa
Joe Rokocoko - Fiji
Sitiveni Sivivatu - Fiji
Rodney So'oialo - Samoa
Tom Shanklin - England
Lote Tuquri - Fiji

Im just thinking how much better some teams would be with the players born in their country anyone got anymore usually ones

Jamie Heaslip was born in Israel but making a player like Heaslip play for Israel purely because he was born there is plain daft, he was raised and educated in Ireland, came through the underage system.

Wow.. I never realised O'Gara was one of the few to achieve the dream... An American who fulfilled their ambition of becoming Irish!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Nov 26 2008, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Jamie Heaslip was born in Israel but making a player like Heaslip play for Israel purely because he was born there is plain daft, he was raised and educated in Ireland, came through the underage system.[/b]

I'm sure I've heard that before...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Whenever) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sitiveni Sivivatu was born in Fiji but making a player like Sivivatu play for Fiji purely because he was born there is plain daft, he was raised and educated in New Zealand, came through the underage system.[/b]

Ah yes.

Simon Shaw - Kenya
Riki Flutey - New Zealand
Dylan Hartley - New Zealand
Lesley Vainikolo - Tonga
Brian Mujati - Zimbabwe

Lote Tiquri was born in Fiji but making a player like Tiquri play for Fiji purely because he was born there is plain daft, he was raised and educated in Australia, came through the underage system.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Nov 26 2008, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wow.. I never realised O'Gara was one of the few to achieve the dream... An American who fulfilled their ambition of becoming Irish![/b]

Lol this one really made me laugh :bravo:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frntline @ Nov 26 2008, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Simon Shaw was born in kenya woah :shok:[/b]

Didn't move to England until he was about 16 either. It was then that he took up Rugby, he was playing for Bristol a year later. Rapid development wouldn't you say?

Guy Shepherdson - Indonesia
Matt Dunning - Canada
George Gregan - Zambia

Matt Dunning was born in Canada but making a player like Dunning play for Canada purely because he was born there would have been just great, despite the fact he was raised and educated in Australia, came through the underage system.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Nov 26 2008, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Guy Shepherdson - Indonesia
Matt Dunning - Canada
George Gregan - Zambia

Matt Dunning was born in Canada but making a player like Dunning play for Canada purely because he was born there would have been just great, despite the fact he was raised and educated in Australia, came through the underage system.[/b]

:lol:

Ian Evans - South Africa (didn't know that before, but it's BBC Sport's favourite fact at the moment!)
Tom Shanklin - England (as Frntline said)

Think that's it from this current Wales set-up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Nov 26 2008, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ian Evans - South Africa (didn't know that before, but it's BBC Sport's favourite fact at the moment!)
Tom Shanklin - England (as Frntline said)

Think that's it from this current Wales set-up.[/b]

Luke Chateris - England
Rhys Thomas - South Africa

Others:

Colin Charvis - England
Bren Cockbain - Australia
Chris Horsman - England
Dafydd James - Zambia
Will James - England

Haldane 'Hal' Naude Luscombe - South Africa
Sonny Parker - New Zealand

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frntline @ Nov 26 2008, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Simon Shaw was born in kenya woah :shok:[/b]

Why are you surprised? There are a fair few Brits (and Irish) who were born in former British possessions before coming "back home" Simon Shaw is one of many British sportsmen who have been born overseas to British parents.

There used to be alot of people in the UK and Ireland even up to 15 years ago who had come back from places like Kenya, Zimbabwe, etc. Think of them as the UK & Ireland's "Pied Noir" except..er..they didn't speak French or own vast tracts of land and beat up desert people for fun...

A lot of my friends from my boarding school are white kenyans, and believe me they play hard :) Playing on a hard surface seems to do the trick, maybe we should think about playing on concrete?

They have a lot of expats living out there, most of whom get educated in Britian, because tbh kenyan education is not the best, unless you want to be a kc (kenyans would know :) )

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Nov 26 2008, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Nov 26 2008, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Nov 26 2008, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Luke Chateris - England
Rhys Thomas - South Africa[/b]

Oops, forgot about Rhys Thomas, didn't know about Charteris.
[/b][/quote]

I wish we could ship him off mind!
[/b][/quote]

Christ, dont we all!
Bloody waste of (height) space!

Latest posts