TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
18711.2.jpg

Leicester Tigers rising star George Ford has joined Leeds Carnegie on loan.

http://www.espnscrum.com/premiership-2011-12/rugby/story/156749.html

I hope they're feeding him plenty of Yorkshire pudding. If he becomes big enough, he is going to be so, so good...

Going to be a very key player in the playoffs. So hope they go in the other group :lol:

Ford schmord.
Tommy Bell is the guy to look out for, he's dragging Leeds kicking and screaming to the top :p
Must be because he's been loaned to Leeds from such a fantastic academy

Don't you have someone else quality out there?

Iain Thornley went across at the same time as Bell and apparently has been going very well,
Will Cliff and Jordan Davies went over a week or two ago as well

That's the bunny. Good to see the two clubs working together and making sensible decisions. Leeds are spending big on loans to get back it seems. Not that its been getting them very far.

Idle tangent, but if someone could persuade the Yorkshire clubs (and supporters) to band together and pump all their resources into one Premiership club, it'd probably be fairly useful. Probably have about 7 or 8,000 fans in the Premiership, possibly a great deal more. If you got some success/really persuaded people from the likes of Sheffield and York to pitch in, they could be close to filling Headingley. There's plenty of fans who go to whichever is of home out of Donny and Rotherham anyway. Shame it'll never happen, but would be cracking if it did.

I have a feeling that Leeds got the players for free - it's beneficial for both teams in the long run, our fringe players are getting game time week in week out (very handy considering how shortened the A league is) and Leeds get back up/players in positions they're week (we also got ***terrell off of them, to cover our hooker shortage).

I don't know waht the terms of Sale and Leeds' agreement is, but it seems likely that there's little money involved, particularly with ***terall going the other way.

Latest posts