Foreign Coaches for Americas: the lenguage barrier

rgman

Academy Player
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
Foreign Coaches for Americas: the language barrier

Argentina may encourage other countries in the Americas (except Canada and USA) to play a higher level of rugby. Another solution is the arrival of foreign coaches to these regions (remember Graham Henry as a consultant for Pumas) ... but there is a problem (I don´t think money is an obstacle), which is the language barrier. I think the coaches and future coaches of world rugby elite (top 10 ranking IRB ) should be trained in Spanish language (90% of Latin America) and Portuguese (for Brazil only). The question is: Is there work for coaches from outside Americas? They offer their services or not? Language barrier or lack of connection with key rugby personalities of each country? (by the way, Thank you Pichot) What is your opinion about it...?

Last edited:
In general rugby players speak English or have an interpreter on the team, I see very difficult for a foreign coach wants to learn another language that is not English. In the Pumas happened with Alex Wyllie and Graham Henry (none of the two learned a word of Spanish)

It's true about language. Perhaps no coaches unemployed ... I thought about "how necessary are the elite rugby coaches here in the Americas"...

Last edited:

Latest posts